1993 Camaro Z28

abates
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hello guys!

I have a 1993 Camaro Z28 with a homemade stealth box. Right now it has a 10" Infinity Kappa pushed by a Rockford Fosgate 250.2 which is bridged. I'm looking for more. I like sound quality 1st & SPL 2nd. My box is sealed with about .65 cf of space.

What sub & amp would you guys go with? Offer as many options as you like, the more opinions the better! lol

thx

the year the camaro went homosexual...

but anyways, how much space do you have to work with cube wise? how much power would you like to run? and most importantly, what's your budget?

youve got space in that hatch so USE IT!, you can upgrade to 1 12, or even a pair of 8's, or if you wana stay 10" or single 8" go for it. I recomend a ported enclosure with a single woofer you can work with about 1-1.5 cubes ported and be well off. If you wanted to depending on the sub you wana run id also go with a mono block, doesnt gotta be 1 ohm stable just whatever will work good for the speaker you chose, 800-1000rms will give you breathing room for upgrade but anywhere around 600rms give or take should be all you really need.

Once you decide what size speaker you wana roll with let us now and we can specify, for example if you want a 8" sub go with the sundown 8 D2 (dual 2 ohm voice coil) and run a decent amp like a smaller soundstream (just throwing something mainstream out there), or if you want 2 8's get 2 sundown D4's (dual 4 ohm VC) and run a bigger amp something around 1000rms, i always like bigger amps than needed so i can play around withem a bit (within reason of course!!!), its all up to you man.

I'd like to keep using my stealth box. It has .65 cf of sealed space. I drive my car in nice weather most of the time so the t-tops are in the t-top holders. Also my nitrous bottle is back there along with a CD changer so I'm not really interested with going with a bigger box. I haven't set my budget yet, I just want to know what my options are. After reading many replies I'll set a budget & go from there.

thx for the replies, keep 'em coming

ok well with that box i think youll have limited depth so youll have to base your speaker selection on how deep the box is and to be louder youll have to have more box space and more power, ported is easy to go with for loud, but i understand why u wana keep space, you need to check the speakers stats and shiz cus if you do get a new sub it could sound like crap and youll get no SQ from too little box space.

My stealthbox is copied from the JL Audio stealthbox. I called them & they said that a 10W3 or 10W6 would work. Someone on a Camaro forum mentioned a Ficaraudio 10" sub that can handle 1000 watts rms. That's a big difference from the 250 I currently have.

Small sealed enclosure? Get the sub with the most cone area and excursion potential possible that will be happy in .65 cubes. Something like an old style XXX 10, Brahma, or newer subs like a Tempest-X etc.

Excursion will be important to this install.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.