1964 lincoln continental convertible modern audio installation help

Participant count
  • Participant list
I need your advice please, I went to the audio store and got a list of stuff to install on my '64 convertible, the deadline for this car is April 24 (Armenian Genocide commemoration day) I need it done by then! I got a good deal on everything (did not buy it yet) I want to get aproval from you guys and the installer first, what do you guys think about these parts? I also have some questions, particularly about the original speakers that go in the dash and between the rear seat headrests... PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK, could really use the advice, thank you!

PIONEER MVH-560BT --- (HEAD UNIT) --- $87.00

JL 3004V3 --- 4-CHANNEL FULL RANGE AMPLIFIER --- $369.00

JL 6001V3 --- 600W MONOBLOCK SUBWOOFER AMPLIFIER --- $389.00

JL 10W6V3 --- (10” SUBWOOFER) --- $319.00

INFKAPPA609CS --- INFINITY 160MM 2 WAY KAPPA COMPONENT --- $119.00 (GOING IN KICK PANELS)

INFKAPPA4629CF --- INFINITY KAPPA 4X6 2 WAY 180W --- $65.00 (GOING UNDER REAR SEAT WHERE ONE’S HEELS WOULD BE IF SITTING DOWN)

METV12-0RAK --- 1/0 GA AMP KIT --- $125.00

ALSO NEED TO BUY A SET OF 6X9 OR 5X7 TO REPLACE THE ORIGINAL SPEAKERS, ONE IN THE DASH (6X9 ORIGINALLY) AND ONE BETWEEN THE REAR SEAT HEADRESTS, (5X7 ORIGINALLY) MY QUESTION ON THOSE IS, SINCE I HAVE TO BUY A SET AND CAN NOT BUY ONE 6X9 AND ONE 5X7, SHOULD I BUY A PAIR OF 6X9s AND TRY TO MAKE THE 6X9 FIT IN THE BACK WHERE IT WAS MADE FOR 5X7? OR SHOULD I JUST BUY A SET OF 5X7s SO THE BACK ONE FITS PERFECTLY AND THE FRONT DASH SPEAKER CAN BE RETROFITTED SINCE IT’S A 6X9 SPACE SO THE 5X7 SHOULD FIT WITH A CUSTOM BRACKET…

also, will 4x6 fit under the rear seat where ones heels would be? I know theres not much height room there...

I APPRECIATE THE HELP, FIRST TIME INSTALLING A SYSTEM, NOT DOING IT MYSELF, BUT NEED TO KNOW WHAT TO BUY, THANKYOU VERY MUCH... car is coming along nicely, had some minor imperfections in the paint, went into spray booth again, disc brake conversion is basically almost done... dynamat sound deadener is being layed down and the interior is being sewn/stitches as we speak!

are you celebrating the armenian genocide?
All the bros in glendale and little armenia have a parade down sunset blvd and after the parade since a lengthy strip of sunset is closed they create chaos and burnout and run red lights in thyre government funded leased cars and such and have 0 regard for anybody else. I hated when i worked in glendale. There wasnt a day i didnt see an accident involving some mercedez other european luxury vehicle with some young armo behind the wheel. Bro.

That being said, the equipment is ok i guess but sounds like you just got the typical recommendations from a shop that doesnt know anything about car audio and theyre just selling you what you have. How big is the budget? Id personaly change all that equipment

absolutely not, we are spreading awareness about it and fighting to have it officially recognized, I am not going to be blasting music that day, I just want to have the car completed by then...

budget is preferably $2,000 but I'd spend $3,000 total if I am going to get something really special, I want to be happy with the final product, I want really nice sound. You said you'd change the equipment, why? Details please.. thank you

View attachment 26554708

View attachment 26554709

I have here 2 quotes/estimates... one of them is from an audio parts wharehouse who gave me great prices on JL & Infinity products, he recomended after I told him how I wanted my car to sound.. about $1,500 for the parts only..... I spoke with 2 installers, one local guy with a good reputation asked for 1,500 for labor and to make custom boxes,etc... another guy asked only 850 although I trust the first guy more

the 2nd quote is from a local audio shop, he quoted about $1,500 for parts AND labor, this guy has his own shop with a good reputation, but Im afraid that the reason his estimate is so low is because he is using lower quality, lower end products, and I dont want to be dissapointed with the final outcome... I want amazing sound...

which products are high end better quality and will give me the best sound?

Also, the reason I'm even considering doing the rear seat bottom speakrs is because I dont want to modify the beautiful door panels and also I was told theres not enough space in the doors since the window rolls down all the way, so I want good sound without the door panel speakers, so 2 kick panel speakers, 2 under the seat, and the 2 original speakers replaced (the one in the dash and the one that goes between the reart seat headrests)

Im open to ideas, suggestions

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.