18" fi ssd vs. 15" alpine type r

jcgtpafl
10+ year member

tampa
which do yall think would be louder, i have an orion 2400d that puts out 1200x1 @ 1 ohm, 800x1 @ 2 ohms and 425x1 @ 4 ohms. im gonna have it wired at one ohm in a ported box that follows the makers suggested size and tuning frequency in a station wagon if that has any effect on your opinion. thanks for any help

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

the ssd wouldprobably be louder if everything else is the same, and it will tolerate the wattage better. after all you are talking almost double the rms of the type R

the ssd wouldprobably be louder if everything else is the same, and it will tolerate the wattage better. after all you are talking almost double the rms of the type R
yeah i know that but ive seen em at 1000w with no problems and my friend said it would be a fine set up but i still like the idea of having an 18

with the flatwind coil option i fed my old ssd 10s 1221wrms with only alittle coil smell after long harsh beatings.

although im in love with my new ssd 10s because this time around i got the copper coil option instead of the flatwinds. and saved $30 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/greedy.gif.5a53e6246569d7ab79867170f3b06629.gif

i vote Fi.

Has anyone done a head to head comparison or are you all just riding the boner?

Type R's have beat subs rated for double the rms, such as Tommyk's type r vs. re sx testing.

Has anyone done a head to head comparison or are you all just riding the boner?
Type R's have beat subs rated for double the rms, such as Tommyk's type r vs. re sx testing.
exactly, argh>sx and sx> ssd so argh > ssd. The extra cone area of the ssd would probably give it an advantage... so i'd say its a tossup. The r would probably get a little louder and the ssd would probably sound better.

I would get the alpine, then eventually if your looking to upgrade you'll have room for another r, where you might not have room for a second 18.

exactly, argh>sx and sx> ssd so argh > ssd. The extra cone area of the ssd would probably give it an advantage... so i'd say its a tossup. The r would probably get a little louder and the ssd would probably sound better.
I would get the alpine, then eventually if your looking to upgrade you'll have room for another r, where you might not have room for a second 18.
I actually disagree.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.