18'' ia dp vs 18'' omega

Dp are a great sub but. they are the only sub that I have owned that got warm... I was running it off of a AB 150.1 @ 1ohm..

Omega look like they can take quite a bit of power just by looking at the coil (8 layer).

Maybe so! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
You tell me..2.5 cubes, 35hz, 1 6" aero. 3000 watts from a fusion 4000d.

The DP is rated at 1500 for a reason...play it within it's limits and it performs well. Try and throw 2x rated power at it on a daily basis, like how people do with their HDC's while tearing them apart, and you'll have issues...just how you will with nearly any driver.

Oh, and DC Level 5's can take a ton of power.

You tell me..2.5 cubes, 35hz, 1 6" aero. 3000 watts from a fusion 4000d.
We have customers that run 2500-3000 often and things are fine.

I recommend 1500-2000 for most folks.

Maybe it was a setup issue, maybe it was a bad driver, you probably bought it used so who knows what you had or what happened. But I know for a fact it will take that much power. Just like all my other OEM customers (10+) take that much power.

If you really want to know, send me one of your drivers and I will send you one of mine and we can test again. I try to stay out of threads like these and let the customers decide themselves as I don't like to come to threads and try to convince people I'm better, but I will on the other hand defend my product from another manufacture!

Thanks,

Nick

The DP is rated at 1500 for a reason...play it within it's limits and it performs well. Try and throw 2x rated power at it on a daily basis, like how people do with their HDC's while tearing them apart, and you'll have issues...just how you will with nearly any driver.
x2

Thats why I got a dc level 5 18, a stetsom 7kd is going to be feeding that beast.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

Copper coil hdcs tearing apart yea, with 4k+. Aluminum coils tearing apart, no...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

s12mm4000

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
s12mm4000
aurora mo
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date