165 amp alt how much power

Participant count
  • Participant list
you'd be good up to 1 jiggawatt and a flux capacitor. but be sure not to run more than 5 funky pups //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

A * V = W

Just remember that on average a vehicle needs roughly 40 amps to operate properly.

The alternator by itself won't be able to sustain that amp @ 1 ohm if you crank it all the time.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Sound deadening and door preparations are key to getting the best results towards more SQ oriented within the vehicle, as well as speaker locations
That is quite some setup, my budget doesn’t stretch to that. I am pretty certain I will go for the Voce and hopefully the processor can fine tune...
Looking to sell off my previous car's audio system as I recently purchased a 2022 Civic ST and stripped out all the audio components before...
It would also be easy to add an equalizer to have individual rca inputs for all of the channels. A decent one can be had for less than $40...

About this thread

jdmferio13

10+ year member
feayfm
jdmferio13
Central,PA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date