15's and sound quality

yes, you can set a 15 up for SQ....almost any driver can sound good given the proper enclosure. As many will probably say, there are better subs than the 8000 for the money though....just look around at posts for woofers in that price range. People will help you out, like rangerman and jmac, as far as building a box that will make your driver sound great

Can you set up a 15 for sound quality? What 15's sound good? I was looking at the mtx thunder 8000, does anyone have some crap to talk about this speaker?
Of course you can set up a 15" for SQ.

What 15's sound good?

Adire Audio Brahma - http://www.adireaudio.com

Adire Audio Shiva - http://www.adireaudio.com

Stereo Integrity D2 (On sale for $200 shipped, 12") http://www.stereointegrity.com

Etc...

The 8000 is a decent driver, get's pretty loud...though I would opt for something else if you are looking for a lot of SQ.

- Steve

Don't you mean the Adire Audio TEMPEST ? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
No, I meant the Shiva...just forgot to note that it is a 12" - I'm sure the Tempest would work as well.

- Steve

Yeah Brahma is supposed to do pretty well for sq. Some other options for a 15" driver with sound quality would be Eclipe Aluminum or Eclipse Titamium. The MTX Thunder 9500 series also do very good with getting loud while retaing very impressive sound quality.

I thought RC used dual 15's in his GN and he did pretty well for Dual 15's as subs and dual 12's as midbass.
Mikey
Yeah, but those were Pro Audio drivers, not quite the same as car audio subs. They typically have much shorter coils, and consequently much lower inductance, which makes them more ideal for higher frequency usage.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.