15" XXX Box ?

i've heard some people complain about tuning the xxx that high. Go to http://www.termpro.com and do a search and you'll see what i mean. I guess it just doesn't sound very good like that. Most subs can be tuned that high without it sounding really bad, but i"v heard the xxx does though.

Don't thank me, thank whoever made this //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

118877979NDsHOC_ph.jpg

i've heard some people complain about tuning the xxx that high. Go to http://www.termpro.com and do a search and you'll see what i mean. I guess it just doesn't sound very good like that. Most subs can be tuned that high without it sounding really bad, but i"v heard the xxx does though.

Strange. I tried my XXX15" in 3.8net, 39sq" of port, tuned to 38hz and it sounded very good and got quite loud. That was with "only" 700w.

Strange. I tried my XXX15" in 3.8net, 39sq" of port, tuned to 38hz and it sounded very good and got quite loud. That was with "only" 700w.
I'm just saying what I've heard, I never tried tuning it higher than 26hz so I don't know from personal experience. Maybe it does sound okay, i don't know I cannot imagine anything tuned to 38hz sounding really good though. For a large subwoofer at least. But the xxx DOES have a crazy ass low end so maybe it does level it out so the low end is not exadurated. Because I know I had to eq the **** out of mine to get rid of the RIDICULOUSLY bloated low end, so maybe the answer to getting better sound and better SPL out of the xxx is to tune high i dunno. I'm not really a fan of porting mid-high to high QTS subs though.

hey drjjg how do you like your H2 setup compared to your xxx setup? I had both so I know them both well, just wondering how you like it.

Also how are those P6.2 comps? I was thinking of getting some for my wifes car.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.