15" subs challenge......what would one want too see tested?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Skip01
5,000+ posts

Diggy
Marrero,LA
Well i have/getting maybe 12-14 15" subs in my possession and they are all different brands/models

I know its been done before.....and horrible outcome, lot of arguing and maybe bias...idk....but this will be totally me....maybe another ear on the review part, and take it for what its worth....not really a challenge also, just testing and my opinion

But what else ya would like too know, im def. gonna put them on the meter, test max output and clamped power.

So far i have:

4 600w

2 1000w

2 1500w

1 "3000w"

Still wanna buy a 750w , 1000w, and custom for above 2000w sub

All RMS, so most are really beastly subs once u see the names

Should cover a lot of bases for daily subs and application

I have a 4cu @ 35hz box for daily and gonna get another like 2.75-3cu for SPL testing.

Power will be Sundown 3500 @ different ohm and ill clamp the SPL results

Been testing 3 of those subs so far, and getting ideas....so any comments one wants too add as too what they wanna see or what not, throw it out.

Once i get all the subs ill make a official thread and name them

If you are testing them all inside your car that won't get any where. All that will prove is how each react in a limited application and of course those two enclosures won't help matters at all.

If you are testing them all inside your car that won't get any where. All that will prove is how each react in a limited application and of course those two enclosures won't help matters at all.
What?

Where would i test them.......real world app.....and ill prolly get another enclousure built....like 3cu with 1 6" aero for low daily testing

In for the argument about box size. You know it's coming....
Yeh, i know most will complain, but itll just be a take it for what its worth....its not gonna be exact too each subs specs....but itll be close enough too pull usable info from.

Not like itll be a 15" in a 2cu box or 6cu.....close enough

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.