15" Lvl4 in a Ranger

tylork92
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Got the 15" Level 4 in the ranger today

box is ~3.8 after displacement tuned to ~36. This is my first box build so go easy...was DEFINITLEY a learning experience. all seames and countersink holes were bondoed over and box is in primer now.

Only have this one pic as i didnt kno the card wasnt in the camera and i cant transfer them as i dont have the cord for my camera.

107_0415.jpg

i bet that pounds!!
does well...havent got to listen to it much as i got it all installed at 1:30 and then had my RCAs come out of my headunit and then work at 2:30...then i went to pull my HU out in the parking lot after work and then my **** remote wire came undone so i gott find it somewhere behind the dash in the morning.

Looks good. Must have been in a hurry to to listen to it if you just threw it in there without a any paint. Been there done that;)

Have you got a fan under there in that amp rack?

I'm interested to see the rest of your setup. You should post pics and details when you get a chance

no fans yet...will add them eventually but theres a good 3 inches above the amps of free space (Sundown recommends at least 2 inches) and i never have it turned up for extended periods so heat shouldnt be a problem....when i pull the box out for paint ill put a few fans on the backside.

wow, that fits like a glove in there.

How much did you pay for the woofer if you don't mind telling. you can PM me or whatever, just curious what level 4 15" go for.

only thing i would have done diff. on the box is put the port on the pass. side so if ur window is down it will be louder otherwise u will need ur pass. window down. i heard that u can gain a few more dbs by doing this, but for u to get the same effect with ur box ur pass. window needs to be down.

hows it sound if you flip the box around and rear-fire the sub
not sure...thought about doing that just for ease of removing the sub in case i needed too.

and i bought the sub from a guy locally...not str8 from DC.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.