15" Kicker CompVR - 5 cubes @ 30Hz

Hey that looks similar to my box and you have the same sub. I although I have 4x 4" round ports giving me over 50 sq inches of port. All I am going to say is that that box is going to be loud...

^^

That's what I was goin for.

Here's the actual specs / dimensions / whatever else you want to call them.

Net Volume: 5 cubic feet

Tuning Frequency: 30 Hz

Port Width: 2.25 inches

Port Area: 34.875 Square Inches

Port Length: 16 inches

External Dimensions: 35 wide x 17 tall x 20 deep.

MORE PICS!!!

Finally, the lid goes on! By the way, that bucket is filled with about 80lbs of chains. Helped to compress the lid against the rest of the box for a nice tight squeeze //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

p.jpeg

Teh rear sexiness

p.jpeg

My kick ass port that is still drying after touch up

p.jpeg

My helping hand, since I'm a hermit

p.jpeg

once liquid nails dry it will be very hard to send.
anyways good luck.
Send? I'm not sending it anywhere. If you mean sand, that still doesn't make sense and you are talking out of your ass because I've used liquid nails on my past 3 boxes, and they have all sanded just fine. Hmmm //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

More progress tonight, hopefully!

Recieved the sub, great packaging on knotslck's part (thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif). I got the box all finished and the sub is mounted in the car, etc, etc. Let me tell you, what a ***** it was putting this ****ing sub box in there. When it comes out, it's getting destroyed because there is no way I'm going through what I had to go through to get that ****er in there again. I pulled a dumass, and found out it really wouldn't squeeze into my trunk at the angle I had to put it in at, so I tried removing the rear seats, still not enough room. Finally, I got the metal cutters, and cut the **** out of the rear brace behind the back seats. Finally, it slid through, but wait, that's not enough! The hinges to the trunk got in the way, so I had to remove the entire trunk, turn the box, and reinstall the trunk. Jesus, what a shitty ass calculation **** up on my part. Anyway, it's all said and done, so no use in futher *****ing. I got it installed, and I have to say, it get's pretty **** loud. When I first had it set up, it wouldn't hit all the notes like my JL10w3 would. I redid the gains and set the crossover to around 80hz, and now it hits every note with ease. Let me tell you, this ***** get's loud. It hurts my ears when I turn it up to where I normally had the JL. You can tell the SPL is way more dominant than the SQ, but hey, you win some, you lose some. I'm gonna probably keep it in here for atleast another 3 or so months, and then I'm hoping to get a pair of Image Dynamic's 12's in there. Anyway, I'll have pics up tomorrow. I think you guys will like the outcome of the paint. I used a new kind I found called "Rustoleum multi-color textured." It really turned out nice.

PICTURES TOMORROW.

As promised.... PICTURES

p.jpeg

You can see the white spot where the primer is visible because it rubbed against the top of the trunk //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

p.jpeg

p.jpeg

You may be able to see paint lines, but they really aren't visible at all, unless you take a picture of it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

p.jpeg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.