15-3.5 cubes-good #s

Participant count
  • Participant list

SMS
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
MA
this fall im planning on working on some boxes for spl next season, may go with interchangable ports. im working with a D1.4 shocker sig 12" on a DD m1c-bout 1500w at 1ohm with strong electrical. going in a trunk

im looking for a comparable 15 that will work well in 3.5 cubes tuned around 43hz for #s and 36hz for music. ive looked into DC lvl 4 but the price was around $420 and ive heard there soft parts have gone down in the new lineup. was looking at fi Q, just not sure thats a good choice for spl, BL may be the better choice but im trying to do this in 3.5 cubes after all deductions at the very most.

im running the amp at .7 ohm and im only dropping to 13.6v so im thinking i could run it at .5 without any issues.

with my 12 tuned around 38hz im getting low 141s ,in my class i really need 143 or better.

thanks for any suggetions

144 at 33hz is really good for a single 12. that must be a burp on alot of power. was that in a trunk?

would an AB xfl 15 work well in 3.5 cubes?

hey rebel from va, i asked you a question, would you mind answering it. just curious about your setup/install.

honestly im not sure you got a 144 with that subs box tuned to 33hz unless you put 3x rms to it for a 4second burp and you have a very low resonate freak in whatever vehicle your using. you sealed on the dash?

i may be wrong

guy i see at some shows has 4 dclvl4s powered by a 12k tuned to 29hz and he is getting a 149.5

hey rebel from va, i asked you a question, would you mind answering it. just curious about your setup/install.honestly im not sure you got a 144 with that subs box tuned to 33hz unless you put 3x rms to it for a 4second burp and you have a very low resonate freak in whatever vehicle your using. you sealed on the dash?

i may be wrong

guy i see at some shows has 4 dclvl4s powered by a 12k tuned to 29hz and he is getting a 149.5
my box is tuned to 33. That was on a 43 hz tone on 2k. I think the xfl 15 likes 3.5-3.7 cubes. If i were on a budget I would go with the xfl 15. If you have a little money to spend go with the dc xl 15. They like 3.5 cubes. I've had a xl and I loved it.

just not seeing that with a box tuned to 33hz in a trunk. your talking sealed on the dash? cause thats all ive worked with.

just not seeing that with a box tuned to 33hz in a trunk. your talking sealed on the dash? cause thats all ive worked with.
Sealed on dash was 43 in the kick sealed 44. Both these scores were taken when sub was barely broken in. Just sold the sub otherwise I would let ya know what it does sealed at dash broken in this weekend. I was very surprised too for 1 12 but the meter doesn't lie.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.