i2ain2thunder
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
st paul, mn
Finds me an amp!

budget=500$

requirements=

must do rated

must be fused properly for rated (i'm not buying into the high voltage rails or whatever that apparently lower amperage needs by upping internal voltage, no thx I have the amps available)

must be rated at title rating, I also don't buy into stuff that does more than it is rated for.

must be high efficiency, the higher the better.

Overall sound quality must be good.

Oh, also a huge plus if its a company that currently manufactures amps with good cust service that will be around in 10 years.

Almost forgot needs to have 8v input

theres more, needs 1/0 inputs for power/ground

gimmee some options bros

all suggestions appreciated. All trolls welcome idgaf.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suave.gif.858fc102f7646e678ee8af7e1fbc41d1.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if the Sundown SAZ 1500D can take 8volt input and 1/0 power/ground inputs?

The amp lookz soo smekzy i wanna do naughty things to it.

Does anyone know if the Sundown SAZ 1500D can take 8volt input and 1/0 power/ground inputs?The amp lookz soo smekzy i wanna do naughty things to it.
Says above u don't buy stuff that puts out above rated so every amp just named is not a option lol

Finds me an amp!budget=500$

requirements=

must do rated

must be fused properly for rated (i'm not buying into the high voltage rails or whatever that apparently lower amperage needs by upping internal voltage, no thx I have the amps available)

must be rated at title rating, I also don't buy into stuff that does more than it is rated for.

must be high efficiency, the higher the better.

Overall sound quality must be good.

Oh, also a huge plus if its a company that currently manufactures amps with good cust service that will be around in 10 years.

Almost forgot needs to have 8v input

theres more, needs 1/0 inputs for power/ground

gimmee some options bros

all suggestions appreciated. All trolls welcome idgaf.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suave.gif.858fc102f7646e678ee8af7e1fbc41d1.gif
the quality of amps your are looking for will be under rated, that's why the are quality amps.

So is it possible for any system to handle 8volt preouts then? Most systems are rated up to 6volts. Now input and output sensitivity and voltage all have to do with getting the volume knob on your HU, and the gain knob on your amplifier to match levels so that everything blends properly, so if I went with the SAZ 1500D, I would not run the risk of damaging it as long as I kept output levels on the amp to rated wattage?

I'm really leaning toward sundown.

I sent them an email asking if my electrical setup and preamp voltage were ok to operate the amp at that level.

The guy got back to me within 24hrs and mentioned that he runs his with an 8v Eclipse HU, same brand I roll with.

I've heard very good things about these amps, and Sundown is a well known company with support even on this forum so I think I'll try to pick me up a SAZ 1500D.

They are pricey lil bastards, but sounds worth the price

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.