13W7 , 3 10W7 , 3 12W6v2 ???

hmmm i cannot say for sure cuz i have never heard an A....but for some reason I highly doubt a ed15a could keep up with a 13w7. Especially not in the SQ area.
First of all, I was following up my quote about the "wow" factor of one sub, in which I was talking about SPL. If you think a 13w7 can keep up with the eD15A in SPL than that opens up another challenge.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif I am yet to receive my 15A, just talking a little smack for the heck of it. What I do know is the 12A has been tested against the 12" XXX and the Brahma12 and was proved in those setups to be louder. The Brahma15 has been proved over and over again to be a cut above the 13w7 in the SPL arena. So, with my extensive training in Al Gore Fuzzy Mathology, I have deduced that the eD15A will be louder than the 13w7.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif The real point I had in the back of my mind, but didn't bring up, was with the space and money I save by going with the A over the W7, I could easily fit another 15A and Avionixx800.2 and not yet spend as much as he'll spend on the 13w7 and 1000/1 alone. I'll have enough money left over for some sound deadening and a new alternator.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

I have read a lot of these boards and I do know my prices a lot, in repsonse to whoever said that. However, I know I am paying a lot but I do not think I am getting too bad of a deal on this system. The $2800 includes the 13w7, JL 1000/1 amp, FULL Dynamt for the car, an Alpine 9815 HU (and a custom dashboard unit), neon for the trunk, a BIG ported vinyl box that will fit custom to my trunk, and then all the wires and one of the best **** installations. I am *only* paying 700 for the W7, which is alot, but about 250 under retail of $950, and I am paying 700 for the amp as well. But as I'm sure anyone who is reading this knows, installtion IS EVERYTHING and makes a huge difference, and that is what I am paying so much for, so I feel I am not getting too bad of a deal here. I didnt tell him my price limit right off the bat, I told him what I wanted and he added the 13W7 combination up to 3,800, and I got him to knock it down to 2,800. I also talked him into giving me the other two chioces (the 3 12W6V2's or 3 10W7's) for the same price. I know I could get 2 XXX's and 2 Visonik amps for the same price, but I dont want competition subs, I want music listentening subs...which is what led me to JL Audio.

He said it was my chioce which option I wanted, so I am jsut looking for advice on which one, not on what you would have done with the money or what I could possibly do. The fact is that JL is top of the line, it does not get better for sound quality. I know that anyone of the options I get will sound amazing, so I am looking more for SPL, which one do you think will be able to be heard down the road when I want to turn it up, and which will hit the highest DB in my Audi A4? Thats really what im looking for so keep the opinions coming, I have until 10 AM tomorrow morning!

Originally posted by BumpinDoug I know I could get 2 XXX's and 2 Visonik amps for the same price, but I dont want competition subs, I want music listentening subs...which is what led me to JL Audio.

Don't know what XXX's you've listened to...

Do not deny that XXX's arent competition subs, they are. They have good SQ I have heard them before, but I dont need over 3,000 watts just driving around everywhere. One 15" XXX in a ported box would have done the trick, but I cannot get a hold of them and by tomorrow it will be too late. Plus, I am very excited about owning a 13W7, which has time and time again been rated the best Sub on the market. I am not dissing XXX's at all, but I just dont need SPL competition quality speakers in my car right now. Keep the opinions on the original questions coming though

Originally posted by BumpinDoug Do not deny that XXX's arent competition subs, they are. They have good SQ I have heard them before, but I dont need over 3,000 watts just driving around everywhere. One 15" XXX in a ported box would have done the trick, but I cannot get a hold of them and by tomorrow it will be too late. Plus, I am very excited about owning a 13W7, which has time and time again been rated the best Sub on the market. I am not dissing XXX's at all, but I just dont need SPL competition quality speakers in my car right now. Keep the opinions on the original questions coming though
Like I said, don't know what XXX's you've been listening to....

They are superb in the SQ department...

They are a true SQL driver...just as the W7 is...

I KNOW THEY SOUND GOOD BUT THEY ARE COMPETITION SUBS, YOUR A MORON IF YOU DONT THINK THAT, NOW EVERYONE STICK TO THE ORIGIANL QUESTION

Originally posted by BumpinDoug I KNOW THEY SOUND GOOD BUT THEY ARE COMPETITION SUBS, YOUR A MORON IF YOU DONT THINK THAT, NOW EVERYONE STICK TO THE ORIGIANL QUESTION
Define competition subs.

Please, do so. I'd like to know what renders a woofer a 'competition sub' in your opinion.

Did you know that the W7 has more throw than the XXX?

if you are set on JL Audio....go with it. obviously you care more about quality then price. thats fine. JL Audio makes some great equipment, but other companies can do about as good for cheaper. The nice thing about JL Audio is that most people get it at their local shops and is convenient if anything goes wrong. If you really want JL Audio, go for it. Anybody on here that says JL Audio is bad quality is wrong. There is just cheaper stuff out there. If i were you and had that kind of money id also go with a w7 and not an XXX. Enjoy your 13w7 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

The fact is that JL is top of the line, it does not get better for sound quality
Wow, that guys really done a number on you huh? Ever heard of Focal for starters?

Your description of what a XXX is for tells me that you need to just take your money and spend it on whatever this guy tells you to buy. You absolutely refuse to listen to what anyone else has to say. In fact, I would say you don't even really care what we have to say here, if you did you would have come here first. There have been many conversations as to why the W7's are not the god of all subs and why others are superior in certain applications and arena's.

If your going to pay the same no matter what, then get the three 10's. Mind as well get what's the most expensive. Your not getting a steal of a deal either way, though that's the closest to it, and something tells me your not going to get the world class install you think your going to get.

And since your getting so hyped up on JL (here goes another one:rolleyes: ) you should go ahead and start saving for the JL XR components run off the 300.2 amp. JL is the pennacle of sound quality comps, forget about Dynaudio, Oz, MB Quart, Boston Acoustics, Rainbow, Focal, Adire Audio, CDT...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif

I KNOW THEY SOUND GOOD BUT THEY ARE COMPETITION SUBS, YOUR A MORON IF YOU DONT THINK THAT
Who's the moron?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif

Like I said, do what that guy says, he knows everything as we know nothing. Never mind the fact that we are independently giving our suggestions while he is actually trying to sell you something.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Man I wish Jlaine would chime in.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

the XXX is not a 'competition sub' bro. its a SQL driver that works very well in many people's daily driving setups.

but otherwise...just go with that setup for 2800...its not such a bad deal after all if you want top-quality stuff.

-nate

OK sorry I did not mean to offend anyone with the XXX commment, they are great subs dont get me wrong. Did someone suggest that a 13W7 is louder than one? I'm not sure about that, but maybe. The fact is the company Resonant Engineering terms all of their subs as SPL drivers while still maintaing fairly good SQ. So they are SPL subs, that statement cannot be argued. Do any of their subs even do under 500 RMS? Im not positive but I dont think so. Any way back to the point, which option? I only have tonight to decide. And trust me, this will be a very very good install, I wouldnt cough over that much money if it was not. Like I said this guy Waylan that Im going to does all sorts of cars for celebreties and he is featured multiple times in Car Audio magazine. If anyone is a subscriber look at the issue with Mike Vick and Jeron Bolden and take a look at his work for yourself. So in my opinion the $2,800 is a lot of money and overpriced but very very well spent. Also, I have heard from several poeple that the W7 has had problems with blowing out, so it is important to get this from the local dealer and not from the internet. AND I DO VALUE ALL OF YOUR OPINIONS!!! If I didnt then why would I have started this thread in the first place...

So anyway keep the opinions ON THE ORIGINAL QUESTION coming and someone please tell me around what DB's I'll be hitting in my A4 with each of the options, I know theyll all sound good so i dont care about the SQ of each one! Thanks for you input

I've heard from people that the W7 sounds lousy if underpowered. RE's amp, on the other hand, might just do the trick with 500w. I dunno, you've got the cash and seems like you've got a quality installer. Just don't be fooled by celebrity installs. I've not been impressed with too many of them yet. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Clean, yes, but choice of equipments and wiring options is a whole different game.

You're pretty much hitting the pinnacle of what people refer to as the ultimate SQ sub. COngratulations //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Wesley, I've heard way too many focal subs here, and to my ears, it seems that the W7 is still better. THe only one better than the W7 (but I'm sure it was a psychological thing due to it being triple the price of a W7) was the A/D/S free-air sub. Now, I don't remember what the model is. Should look for it. Oh, and peerless subs were very very good too. I don't know whether which one could be claimed as a better sub, as everyone's listening tastes and habits are different. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Alright thanks everyone but I went with the 13W7 in a ported box with a JL 1000/1 amp, and hopefully I'll be getting another 1000/1 to pwer this bad boy down the road. My car is in the shop today but I should be gettin it back tomorow or the next day, so I'll let you guys know how it sounds in a bit. Hopefully witht hat sencd amp I'll join the 150 DB Club //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I don't know if this celebrity installer told you of the power draw that the amps will create, especially if you have two installed in your car.

2 13W7 and 2 1000/1 to produce 150dB? It might just be possible, I should think...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Make sure you post lots and lots of pics up for all of us to drool at. Oh, vids are always welcome too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.