12w6 vs 13w6

RandyJ
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
USA
I have a buddy who is about to make a purchase and would like a w6. He's wondering if the 13w6 is worth the extra $90 on egay. I don't have any personal experience with them, so what do yall say? We're going to go with either the JL spec sealed or ported, whichever sounds better on the amp he bought. What do yall with experience have to say?

Any help is appreciated.

Randy

Actually, out of curiosity, what boxes are yall running for SQL. MDF is not too hard to come by here so we can build quite a few to see what we like.

All v2, sorry bout that //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/redface.gif.62fdbfe1a101588a808c4cff71bcb942.gif

you don't see those very often, I think they may have had limited production. Anwyay, sure, if you can afford to use the extra space and you aren't on a strict budget, definetly go with the 13.

you don't see those very often, I think they may have had limited production. Anwyay, sure, if you can afford to use the extra space and you aren't on a strict budget, definetly go with the 13.
I never knew anything abou tlimited production. They don't seem too rare to me.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

The extra space as given by JL is only .40^3 ft, not much sacrafice for my buddy there.....

And the budget is not an issue, whether or not people have noticed an qualitative gain in performance by going from the 12 to the 13 which would justify the extra $90 is.

OK folks, IndoAudio has them. It's no biggie if they are rare or not, I don't want this to get sidetracked....

I don't deal any JL products nor will I ever deal any JL products, but from what I know about them the only real difference between the 12w6 and 13w6 is new year, new product... in a nut shell they didn't want to sell the same product the following year, besides that maybe a few other differences (ie; power handling, box parameters, sens ration, etc).

I don't deal any JL products nor will I ever deal any JL products, but from what I know about them the only real difference between the 12w6 and 13w6 is new year, new product... in a nut shell they didn't want to sell the same product the following year, besides that maybe a few other differences (ie; power handling, box parameters, sens ration, etc).
Where in the world did you get that info? Send it back. Yeah, other than being totally different they are the same.

25% more cone area should give you the potential for a lot more output watt for watt. Worth $90? That's up to you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

RandyJ

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
RandyJ
USA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date