12's in a '15 Suburban: location suggestions?

Participant count
  • Participant list

woffutt

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi, first time poster here.

Does anyone have any thoughts on where in a '15 Suburban might be the acoustically-optimal location(s) to put a pair of 12" subs in 0.9 cubic-foot boxes? I wasn't sure whether they should go right behind the third row seat or farther back, against the rear hatch. I'm comfortable taking a saw to any of the interior plastic in the cargo area, if it gives me some room; my only requirement is that they be placed off to the side(s) as much as possible since I often have to carry a lot of luggage...

FYI this is a budget, SQ-focused build (3-way active crossover, dedicated class a/b amps @4ohms, sealed boxes) using a stock GM 170a alternator and two marine batteries (bolted underneath in the back). Two Infinity Kappa 1200w subs, driven by a Massive Audio PX3000.2 amp and four Kappa 60.11cs tweeters and four midranges, driven by four Pioneer GM-A5702 amps.

I'll probably set the lower crossover point to 80hz.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.