12's hit the lows like an 18

other companies used them in car audio and found they failed pretty hard too. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
that's because they arent' are a car audio woofer. (read idiot proof) They are capable of getting pretty loud over a wide bandwidth with distortion levels much lower than almost anything else on the market at that price point, or any price point. The fact they are such a low distortion design also means you can break them and not hear it coming. That being said they will easily handle the 1000 watts they are labelled for thermally. With XBL^2, if you know how to properly design a box they may not need that much power to hit mechanical limits and any more would be a waste. XBL^2 is nice in that regard as it keep a speaker VERY effeicent all the way to it's limits and beyond xmax the motor simply won't let you push it any further mechanically. That's part of why car audio PPL always thermally fry them. They are fairly effecient up until xmax which usually occurs before they run out of heat shunting capacity. People keep turning it up expecting it to get louder but they've already reached xmax. Xmech might be 10mm more out, but they simply wont' move much out of their linear range.. Because of this they keep sounding fine since they really aren't moving any further as you continue to apply power, next thing you know it's smoking.

that's because they arent' are a car audio woofer......
Yes, that is exactly what I said. Thanks for confirming it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.