1200 watt MTX Amp red light

Participant count
  • Participant list

spectremuffin

ohio
hey all, I'm new here and I was hoping you guys could help me out. I recently hooked up a used 1200 watt mtx 2 channel amp and have been running into a couple problems. I have 2 kicker 10 in subs, an mtx 1200 watt amp, and a cap all in my 93 honda accord lx beater. it worked for a while just fine but then it started cutting out when the volume goes up, giving me a red light. it works again when i cycle the stereo power. it's now to the point of it cutting out as soon as the music starts. I just re-crimped and moved the ground lead to a pretty good spot. if anything that made it worse. it will run for a min or so on low after it sits for a while and in watching it the lights on the car and in the amp dim when they bump, but it's very quiet. the voltage meter on the cap i have wired parallel reads 12.0V when the car is off but dips to 11.6V with the subs running low vol. it will read 14.0V when the car is running. i'm really at a loss here. i have it mounted into the frame of the fold down seat and someond told me it has to be on a noncond surface. could that be the issue? thanks for the help in advance, i'll return the favor someday.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.