12" TC9 Prototype

ciaonzo
5,000+ posts

TheContinental
WI
Item(s) for Sale:

12" Sample built by TC Sounds for IAS.

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Brand new. Single 4ohm with copper in the motor for low inductance, low distortion. Looooong, quiet stroke. I don't have the specs on this one but I know from lots of experience with TC9's that it will work great in anything from small sealed to medium vented enclosures. Doesn't need a ton of power but it will soak it up.

Price:

$275 shipped, CONUS.

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

CONUS only, please

Item Pictures:

Two buyers fell through, this is still available.
$255 shipped, bottom dollar.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wave.gif.002382ce7d7c19757ab945cc69819de1.gif

great pic of that throw....that's a low end beast....

look at that subtle off white color, the tasteful thickness of it.....oh my god, it even has a watermark.

great pic of that throw....that's a low end beast....
look at that subtle off white color, the tasteful thickness of it.....oh my god, it even has a watermark.
Nice... Love that movie. The gun to the cat's head, lol.
Absolutely, this thing just digs forever.

Geez, you're teasing me...just that I don't have a good amp to run it.
I hear you, it's a common concern with 4ohm drivers - fear of not being able to power it. FWIW, I currently I run a single sealed 10" 4ohm LMS, which is horribly innefficient, with only 600-800w and it is more than enough to come way out of balance with my Anarchy front stage and that is pretty powerful on it's own. This 12" with that same power and a vented enclosure would be gobs louder than my single sealed 10".
This would do fine with as little as 500-600w as long as it was a larger vented alignment, output would be very respectable and would sound wonderful. But it would easily be able to take twice that and turn it into more output.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ciaonzo

5,000+ posts
TheContinental
ciaonzo
WI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date