Not open for further replies.

ciaonzo
5,000+ posts

TheContinental
WI
Item(s) for Sale:

12" TC9 D2

Item(s) Description/Condition:

This is in gorgeous used condition, suspension is still stiff. This is one of the rarest versions of a TC9, made for Entasi Audio. Loves, loves, loves tiny sealed enclosures. Model it, you will see it's less than .75 cu.ft for a Qtc of .7 with extension as far down as you wish once transfer function and EQ are factored in. Will also get down in a 2 cu.ft vented enclosure tuned however you like it. Doesn't need much power but it will absorb it. 800 to 1200w would be perfect in most scenarios. This TC9 has 1" slugs.

T/S Parameters

Qts - .313

Qes - .349

Qms - 3.00

FS - 24hz

Vas 73.32 l

Mms - 201.9

Cms - 216.6

Bl - 17.93

SPL - 86.49

X-max 24mm

Dual 2-ohm VC

Sd – 489 cm^2

Price:

$275 shipped, CONUS.

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

CONUS only, please.

Item Pictures:

bump for you and a question - what is the difference between this and my 1" dual slug Orion HCCA tc9?
This definitely has a stiffer (and heavier) cone but probably at the expense of a bit of sensitivity compared to the HCCA. This also has a slightly stiffer suspension to suit the small enclosure design. Motor and coil should be the same.

question. how would a stiffer suspension compliment a small box?
I can see how that might be misinterpreted. I appreciate you playing devil's advocate, my friend.
For those that do not understand the relationship between Vas and Cms - think of it this way. If the Vas figure for a subwoofer is 28.32 liters (a cubic foot), then it will have a Cms figure that directly correlates with the equivalent spring force represented by that volume of air when compressed. Meaning, if you put that driver in a sealed enclosure larger than a cubic foot, you can no longer affect the final Qts of the driver or Qtc of the driver/enclosure system, as the driver will begin to behave as if it is operating free air. This is also lowers power handling due to the likeliness that the driver will experience over-excursion when attempting to apply the necessary amounts of power associated with smaller volumes of air.

Or put another way - The restoring force of the suspension is the dominant factor, and is higher (stiffer) than the restoring force of any volume of air greater than a cubic foot. So whatever the Qts of the raw driver is at Vas/Cms, say .25, it cannot go any lower once 28.32 liters is reached. Volumes less than a cubic foot will, of course, drive the Qtc higher, likely to the usual targets of .577 or .707, as volume is decreased. Obviously, motor force and good thermal capability, coupled with generous excursion capability, is much appreciated in these scenarios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...