11' Grand Cherokee. ''''canbus system'''' need professional

Participant count
  • Participant list

bad @SS chevy
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
ohio
Alright I have a 11 grand Cherokee. Factory 430n head unit. And 10 speaker 500 OEM alpine system. All I am wanting to do is install a sub amp and 12's. The factory canbus is tied into the radio and stock amp so I cannot grab a signal from behind head unit and only signal I can grab without affecting canbus is after amplifier. Inside the stock amp it sends out a filtered signal to all stages....

What should I do. To get a full clean signal to my sub amp. Do I really need something like the audio control lc7i unit/kicker sum8/massive audio flatline. Or can I get away with just a standard high end line out converter tap'd in at factory sub. Only thing I'm trying unaware of is if the factory sub has full signal. I doubt it. I'm sure it has cut off points. But any help will be greatly appreciated.!! Thanks.

I'm not sure how the amp(s) are set up in your car. However, my friend used a cheap LOC for a Hifonics amp when he put his DD9515 in. He wanted to keep the BMW sound processing for the stock mids/highs amp. It sounds great. I think line output converters have gotten better these days.

Where is your factory amp located?

Ideally you would p be able to measure the signal output at the factory sub to make sure it's range is satisfactory say 100hz and down. But if you want full range which would be best without testing equipment a summing module of some sort would be required

you also need to make sure the factory premium amp doesn't have a bass output defeat at high volumes. I just did a '13 BMW that did this and the only way to eliminate this is by using a sound processor.

The factory amp has the bass defeat in the doors.. But not in the subwoofer channel. Would the lc7i be best bet because it has the bass restorer... Just in case I need it?

The factory amp has the bass defeat in the doors.. But not in the subwoofer channel. Would the lc7i be best bet because it has the bass restorer... Just in case I need it?
If that is how the subwoofer signal behaves you could use LC2i.

I'm not 100% sure the subwoofer gets a full signal. Would that not matter with the lc2i?
You've said you're only looking to add subwoofers to this vehicle. Bass does not need a full range signal. You'll be limited by whatever crossover the factory amplifier uses on the subwoofer, but you do not need a full range signal going into your new subwoofer amplifier.

I know sub channel doesn't need a full range. Just am assuming the factory crossover setting for the sub channel would have jacked up cut off points. Still not sure what the best option is. I really just want my amp to have control of the crossover settings and im not 100% sure the lc2i would or wouldn't work... I actually was orig. Looking at the lc2 until I found the lc6

Amplifier integration interface for Chrysler LSFT & MS-CAN Bus vehicles.. pulled up under 2011 grand cherokee and thats the description it gives me. It is a more expensive than a traditional Line out converter but it is what i would recommend if a customer came into my shop

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bad @SS chevy

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
bad @SS chevy
ohio
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date