10w6v2 x 3 GT Eclipse

i have a 09 eclipse and was wondering how the door speakers sounded with the factory amp and aftermarket hu ? reason i'm askin is i'm going aftermarket hu this saturday and have my own amp and sub.in other words,do ya think the stock door speakers would sound better if i just bypassed the amp completely ? nice car and build btw.eclipses rock !
Oh well see I bought the Mito-interphace so i could still use the factory amp how it was used in the factory setup. (the front 2 channels power the front door woofers.) Honestly though, It wasn't very necessary, I had plenty of power to spare on the front channels of the Aftermarket HU, In fact, I SMOKED the factory tweeters. So in hind site I probably would've been fine bypassing the factory amp all together. If you do that though, you are going to need to buy or make your own crossovers. I found out the hard way, the signals were crossover'ed at the HU so if you hook them up to an aftermarket unit they are getting the full spectrum.

I hope that makes sense. lol

Also the most noticable weak point of my system is the front door woofers (attached to the factory amp.) I have the pre-outs set as low as possible, but it still sounds like they are clipping all to hell

allright man thanks.i'm getting the alpine 9887 so i should be able to cut some to the tweets ? from what you said about the front door speakers,sounds like i need to by pass the amp.thanks for the heads up !!

allright man thanks.i'm getting the alpine 9887 so i should be able to cut some to the tweets ? from what you said about the front door speakers,sounds like i need to by pass the amp.thanks for the heads up !!
yeah see (at least on mine) the door speaker is just a midbass, and there is a tweeter up front, but instead of being run on the same channel with a crossover like most comps, they are run on separate channels.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.