1000 watt rms

jordan572
10+ year member

minnesota
i am wondering if i need a new battery. I will be running a 1000v2 jl slash at 1000 rms. i dont mind the lights dimming a little or the voltage dropping a bit after playing a song or two loud. just wndering if i need a battery. i dont think i need a alternator. The car comes with hids a maybe a 2 or 3 hundred watt amp.[probably peak ratings]

id personally get a bigger alt. are you running bigger gauge wire from your battery to alternator and so on?
imo i wouldnt up the alt for just 1000rms unless you soon plan to go big! lol also what sub are you running on this amp? do you already have 1/0 or zero gauge for this?

i am running a 13w7. I was looking at a kinetic 1400 for a new battery. i would just buy the mounting bracket then. I was just wondering if that battery would work. the stock battey is 12v obviously so any 12v battery should work as long as they are around the same size. i have not changed anywiring. i just want to make sure i have enogh power

the alternator does a max 130 amp my friend had a slash 1000 in hos g6. it would work fine for a song or two. his car wa totally stock. i would have a new battery and i think my alt would be wy bigger since my car comes with hids and a small amp sounds about 50 50 that i need to upgrade an i dont need to its not like i am going o play multiple songs a high in a row

the alternator does a max 130 amp my friend had a slash 1000 in hos g6. it would work fine for a song or two. his car wa totally stock. i would have a new battery and i think my alt would be wy bigger since my car comes with hids and a small amp sounds about 50 50 that i need to upgrade an i dont need to its not like i am going o play multiple songs a high in a row
just do the big 3 and see how it does a bigger batt isnt much good unless you can charge it

I don't think you'll need it. What kind of car do you have? I just set up a 1200w rms amp in my 98 eclipse, and there are no signs of dimming or anything. All stock electrical (besides a cheap walmart replacement battery). I was a little worried too before I got it installed, but it seems to be fine.

First trick is to re-ground the battery with the same gauge wire you ran to the amp. Usually dimming lights is a difference of potential problem, say you run 4awg back and are still using the factory 8awg return to the battery. Easily overlooked in the circuit. Also, if you do the math 1000wRMS/14.4 volts = 69.4amps. Depending on the car, most cars use a 70% load with lights on/heater on. Say if you had a stock 100amp alt. you only have 40amps left to play with. Not enough for sure, and theoretically it only gets worse when your voltage drops below 14.4 (volts to amps trade off). Unfortunately the 1000/1 is a monster and energy hog and to do it correctly the whole charging system needs an upgrade, starting with the alt, the the battery, and maybe a capacitor to stabilize the voltage. Good luck!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.