10" JL Audio W7 reads out at infinity on dmm

Participant count
  • Participant list

bostonkid92
10+ year member

so i picked up a W7 and it doesn't seem to read out on my dmm. everything about the sub cosmetically looks great. also, i can see the voice coil through the basket, it doesn't look black at all, the whole thing looks nice and orange. the blown subs that i've seen have all metered out to crazy numbers over 100 so what does it mean if it meters at infinity? i'm thinking maybe the tinsel leads might be disconnected somewhere? idk. any ideas?

i hooked it up to my 500/1 and that amp works great. no sound, sub didn't move at all. when i push down on the cone there is no scratching, i can see the entire voice coil through the basket, looks great. dmm works, i use it all the time. would it read at infinity if there was a connection that was loose or something?

If the lead damage is internal there's no way of fixing it. If you can see the broken lead from the outside of the sub in an accessible spot you can possibly fix it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.