10 mins for wipers,Windows, heater amp to work?

Participant count
  • Participant list

sharkman

poor bass head
Ok so I guess about a month or so ago I noticed that when I first start my truck in the morning, my heater, wipers,Windows, amp don't work. After a few min they come on or after I cut the truck off and restart it. A few days ago I put my box and other amp back in and when I start the truck same thing but my second amp comes on. I understand this could be my remote wire for the amp but I just re did that wire. At this point I don't have a radio. And I'm running a aux cord to rca for the amps for security....what should I look into. Is this from an exposed wire or short

Last edited by a moderator:
First thing in order to try and help you or trouble shoot the issue..We need detailed information,any Pics if possible,Type of vehicle , and all components installed in vehicle,size wiring for supply and demand.That should get us started with trying to help..I honestly do not understand your issue or question in order to try and help/trouble shoot the issue

First thing in order to try and help you or trouble shoot the issue..We need detailed information,any Pics if possible,Type of vehicle , and all components installed in vehicle,size wiring for supply and demand.That should get us started with trying to help..I honestly do not understand your issue or question in order to try and help/trouble shoot the issue
I have a 1990 ford bronco xlt. My sub is a re sx18 powered by a mb quart 1600. My high amp is a cheap 2 ch. lazar which powers 4 Sony xs gs1720. There's no deck .everything is ran via aux to Rica cord for now. This for search it since I was in a apartment for a year...when I first turn my truck in the morning the wipers,heater,Windows and high amp take about 10-15min to come on. Weird thing is since I put my box back in with the amp. It doesn't have the same problem. When I have room in my house I will pull everything out and upgrade my cables to 1/0 welding wire.

I hope this helps

You need to start under the dash and fuse block. Look for burnt fuses and bare wires from there go under the hood and do the same. Sounds like possibly a dead short somewhere

You need to start under the dash and fuse block. Look for burnt fuses and bare wires from there go under the hood and do the same. Sounds like possibly a dead short somewhere
So to test the wire do I use a ddm? I plan on re doing my factory radio harness as well. Picked up everything I need. So I guess I will start there. I just ordered 50 feet of welding wire and 20 lugs and a real crimper....

So to test the wire do I use a ddm? I plan on re doing my factory radio harness as well. Picked up everything I need. So I guess I will start there. I just ordered 50 feet of welding wire and 20 lugs and a real crimper....
Good deal. Yes

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.