1 or 2 10W7?

bigdjayz
10+ year member

Canada
I currently have a 10W7 in the JL HO Box running off a 1000/1..

I have the opportunity of getting another 10W7 at a great price..

Couple questions maybe you could help me with..

1) What would the dimensions of a dual vented box be for 2x10W7? Sealed?

2) Will the difference between 1 and 2 subs be that much better for the money and effort - building box etc. Both subs would be running off the same 1000/1.

I love the sound of these subs, and am almost craving more.. Any input to these questions, or other recommendations would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks

Ya Im thinking this will be ridiculous cause it already hits hard.. Im just worried about the size of the box.. I drive an 02 Cougar

Like blaze said, add more power since your going to have to use a smaller enclosure. Your current box is ported correct? Cougars are pretty small, so I'm not sure how difficult it would be too fit an extra sub ported in there.

Adding another 10w7 without increasing the power supply should gain a modest increase in SPL, but your biggest gain is going to be less distortion and more accurate cone movement at everyday listening volumes.

I would add some power, though. 500wRMS per w7 is underpowering them, and you won't be getting everything you could be out of the pair.

Adding another 10w7 without increasing the power supply should gain a modest increase in SPL, but your biggest gain is going to be less distortion and more accurate cone movement at everyday listening volumes.
I would add some power, though. 500wRMS per w7 is underpowering them, and you won't be getting everything you could be out of the pair.
This is what I was thinking.. I used to have 2 10" type Rs in this car running off 500rms and you can really tell the difference between 1 and 2 subs.. I would love to add more power to them cause I know they can take a **** load, but I dont really have the funding for that right now.. Just wanted to make sure running 2 off the 1000/1 would give me an increase that is worth the cash for the sub and new box.. How hard would it be to get rid of the JL HO box ?

I never thought of craigslist. Just checked it out and some ppl in my area are selling 10W7's for 400. If I can get rid of this amp and compnents I have laying around for a couple hundred Im going to grab another 10W7 forsure.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.