• Participant list

BassAddictJ
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
FL
Item(s) for Sale:

Old School PPI Par-245

Item(s) Description/Condition:

I've used countless EQ's over the last decade +....this is hands down my favorite. Only selling because I have another one as a spare to replace this with and I could use the extra $ right now. Literally so good I have another to go in it's place right behind it.

specs cliffnotes.:

-CLIPPING INDICATOR.....both input signal and output signal will trip the yellow LED on the face if you're clipping. best thing ever.

-Up to 9v rms output (front and rear). I like to put my HU around 50%-65% volume (so uber low THD from the source) and boost it from there.This eq is rated at like 0.015% THD, retarded low. Even with the HU volume that conservative you still wont need to crank the EQ up that high to get to loud/clear, WELL below the point of clipping.....when tuning you can turn the EQ volume down but still crank the input level and you'll see the clipping point, With my 2v output navi unit I still didn't need to get close to clipping

-Parametric EQ.....you can set the center freq and width. What I like to do is find the Head Unit's onboard EQ points, and set the PPI's center freqs separate from those points...this way you have the 5 bands of the PPI eq + however many bands you have on your HU. Most decent HU's have a 5 band, so you're now at 10 bands of eq with awesome precision on the preamp one.

-USA handmade quality.....you can feel in when you play with it...the knobs are meaty feeling when turning...nothing flimsy / cheap feeling about it. MSRP was $499 in 96' when they first started making these...wanna say they made these until about 01 or 02.

-Changeable red/green illumination

Also would like to note...this has a front and rear out, no dedicated sub out. What has worked wonders for me the past few years is running the EQ solely to my mids/highs...this way when I'm adjusting the lows on the EQ (50hz-100hz) is does not effect my subs (which I run off the head unit sub preouts). Nothing is more irriating than adjusting my lows levels for my mid basses and my sub levels get thrown out of whack...which happens with pretty much all HU's and many other EQ's out there (even with "sub outs").

Obviously 100% functional. Cosmetically the face is near perfect. the top side has some scratches and a some glue going across from the previous owners mounting spot. It's not terrible, and you're most likely not gonna see the top anyways when you have it mounted. Fortunately the face is very pretty.

Link to manual:

http://www.precisionpower.com/Manuals/Accessory%20Manuals/Precision_Power_PAR245%20Equalizer.pdf

Price:

$115 shipped....which is really just 100+ ship for me. Good luck finding another one with a clean face for this cheap....these are rare and typically exorbitantly priced on ebay when they do show up. most of the forum ones for sale in recent years have been from me lol..either this one or my other. I'm just now willing to come down on the price enough for this one.

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

USPS insured

Item Pictures:

IMG_20130411_243820_342_zps1c6aaf72.jpg

IMG_20130411_243332_575_zps3faad8e4.jpg

IMG_20130411_243339_039_zps0ed6bd46.jpg

IMG_20130411_243345_380_zps2621e3c9.jpg

IMG_20130411_243310_659_zps4739f454.jpg

IMG_20130411_243417_327_zps698dbbe0.jpg

Ya its my chevy cobalt. The Aviv n5 and PPI eq share the power / grounds off the harness....the plug hanging there is for a panel light, panel was removed for the pic.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.