1 of 6 - Diablo Audio Technologies Inferno 8.1 Amp *Blown*

JL Audio
5,000+ posts

ThugStep
KY
1. Product: Diablo Audio Technologies Inferno 8.1

2. Specs: 8000w@ 1ohm at 14.4 Best was little under 12k @1ohm at 17v

3. Description/Condition: Blown. Looks like 6 fets went (IFRP 360's) and torched the supply leads pretty good. I would replace all FET's anyway. No burns to the board that can be seen. Traces still all look good as well. Transformers have a little soot on them, but the varnish looks to be undamaged. Small nicks and scratches as well as a little dusty.

Only 6 of these were ever made. While most of the DAT lines had issues, this amp was in service for nearly 2 years at .5 ohm.

It will be up to you or your repair guy to fix this. While it does look straight forward, I can not imply that is an easy or simple fix as I have not and will not diagnose it. I will say that when these amps are working that they are a powerhouse. I have a number of someone in louisville, KY who can make the repairs to these amps and I will include that number with the item and information regarding reaching the people.

Amp does come with back plate, bass knob and cord. The new owner can also have the protel diagram sheets i'll print off and include. I can even toss in a DAT logo plexi plate for the bottom and a lot of the DAT decals in various sizes.

It is called Hellfire as when they were first being made, an error in translation issues made them hellfires but this was later corrected, making this an even rarer piece. I had planned to get it repaired and working in my new build but since I can't find a dat multi channel amp anywhere.. I am gonna try other brands.

4. Price: 400 + shipping.

5. Trades: Other mono amps, just offer up. Subwoofer motors also interest me.

6. Pictures:

071-2.jpg

070-2.jpg

069-2.jpg

068-2.jpg

072-2.jpg

076-2.jpg

B09178DC-orig.jpg

CC120592-orig.jpg

DCE0DBEA-orig.jpg

F721AEFC-orig.jpg

Refs:

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/394977-thelow-feedback-thread.html

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/291852-thelow-feedback-thread.html

I'm not trying to sound like an a**hole, but why doesn't it work? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/ponder.gif.ec2527b23f1d287b60dcbba54f95edba.gif
This one was mine. It was only in my daily truck. I had it running at .5 and beat on it daily. I was hammering on the system giving a demo when I lost a coil on the sub. Other then me pushing it beyond it's limits, it was a great amp. I'm sure who ever buys this and gets it fixed up will have a great time with it.

not interested in ht items broski, i don't check PMs a lot as most of the time im on phone and it's hard to do for me.

Thats all you had to say, hell it has been 2 days. I'm kinda pissed as you can find me when you need me. I asked you some questions in a previous email that I would like answers to prior to obligating to buying this amp. I am very intrested, but not gonna beg to buy the **** thing!

Thats all you had to say, hell it has been 2 days. I'm kinda pissed as you can find me when you need me. I asked you some questions in a previous email that I would like answers to prior to obligating to buying this amp. I am very intrested, but not gonna beg to buy the **** thing!
Take a chill pill. This site isn't my life and the attitude was uncalled for..

email me if you actually want to sell this thing
Price is listed. What questions did you ask me last? Cause I just seen the Was I interested in ht items. So...?

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.