1 Obsidian Audio 12v2 Enclosure help.

that's about 3.9 cubes gross, should have plenty of room after displacements, you could probably go smaller with it if you wanted to. what are you using to model your box? aero Ports or slot Ports?

I'm using online calculators and sketch up to design it, I don't have any program to model it because I haven't found a free/ cheap one for Mac. I would like to use a slot port but it ends up being crazy long

I'm using online calculators and sketch up to design it, I don't have any program to model it because I haven't found a free/ cheap one for Mac. I would like to use a slot port but it ends up being crazy long
How much port area are you using?

That is about the same dimension I have to work with, and it is hard to fit a 12" sub in that space and keep your tuning around 30hz.

You can either raise your tuning, or carefully design a box with two 3" areo ports. I think it would come out to around 17" a piece. You would have to fire them out the sides of the box to keep it within the space constraints.

You might be able to get by with a slot port, but it will be a tight squeeze, even with 30" wide to work with... It will fold at least 1 time, 90 degrees... It should be around 23" - 27" of port, depending on displacement.... 2 x 12" slot.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.