1/2 hour of headaches and still no results with my LPF and HPF

Participant count
  • Participant list

RoidRageX10
10+ year member

Ohio
Heres the situation. My speakers and subs don't sound the greatest right now (after my car has been fully warmed up). Besides the fact that my subs are somewhat underpowered and the speaker amp isnt top notch, I still think my LPF and HPF settings are off.

Side Note (I have an RCA splitter for my HU only 1 set of pre-amp jacks)

Head Unit:

LPF - OFF (if turned on all my music is turned off I get strictly bass)

HPF - 160hz

Amp for Subs:

Gain - 9 outta 11

DB Boost - 6 outta 18

X-over - 100hz

Amp for Speakers

Gain - around 65 - 75%

No clue what to set the LPF and HPF at..

*If this makes a difference, the head unit I'll be getting in a week has 2 sets of pre-amp jacks not just 1.

try 80-100 hz hpf

turn the bass boost down

need to start around 80-100 hz on the low and high pass.

might not be getting enough voltage to the inputs of the amps.

Just kind of a little side-advice here, probably not all too helpful:

With the unit off (press the off button), hold the Volume button down for a few seconds and you'll access the menu. Browse through it and you'll find the option to output to Rear/Subs. Is it set to subs? Or rear?

Also doesn't the CDX-GT240 have two sets of rca outputs? One for front and one for rear/sub?

Just kind of a little side-advice here, probably not all too helpful:
With the unit off (press the off button), hold the Volume button down for a few seconds and you'll access the menu. Browse through it and you'll find the option to output to Rear/Subs. Is it set to subs? Or rear?

Also doesn't the CDX-GT240 have two sets of rca outputs? One for front and one for rear/sub?
Nope only 1.

It was set as Sub-out

Nope only 1.
It was set as Sub-out
I think you got the shaft then, crutchfield says it has two //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

I think your problem is that you're running your subs & speakers off of one set of RCA's. You'll probably have to wait for your new HU, and be sure to turn the LPF on, and if you get ALL bass, then turn your gains down.

Turn off your HPF on your HU for now, because that's giving the subs nothing to work with. Use your sub amp and your speaker amp to mess with LPF/HPF.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.