1/2 collet for jasper perfect circle jig?

i've used 1/2 but you must compensate for it in your measurments/ i.e. lots of test cuts lol/

and it fits my cheap azz $59 ryobi and my $350 porter cable

I use a 1/2 carbide endmill in my router. When you use a 1/2 bit the hole will be a 1/4 inch larger than the markings on the Jasper Jig. So if you use a half inch bit and need a 12 inch hole you need to put the pin in the hole for 11 3/4. Hope this helps.

The guide from Jasper does not list all the routers the jig will fit. I have a Milwaukee router that IS NOT on the list. I was going to buy a new router when I ordered my jig. But the jig did have the right holes to fit my router and it works fine.

DSCN1130.jpg

The guide from Jasper does not list all the routers the jig will fit. I have a Milwaukee router that IS NOT on the list. I was going to buy a new router when I ordered my jig. But the jig did have the right holes to fit my router and it works fine.
DSCN1130.jpg
huh thanx bro. Maybe i will go with the black and decker for 30-40(hes askin 40 but maybe less he would take) or the bosch for 65 but has a few new bits (not sure which ones they are)

I just got a pretty nice Craftsmen from Sears that came with both a 1/4 and 1/2" collet. It costed me $69 new, And the jaspers guide says it will fit most sears routers.

http://www.castlewholesalers.com/PORTER-CABLE-693LRPK-Router-Kit-1-3-4-Peak-HP.html

Porter cable router, comes with 1/4 and 1/2 inch collets as well as a plunge base and a fixed base. This is the one I have and it has worked flawlessly for years. If you want to spend about that much I highly recommend it. I remember mine costing a bit less, this may be a newer updated model with the Obama price inflation included as well. If you want something cheaper for only cutting holes any simple plunge router will work as long as it fits the jig.

Yes a 1/2" bit will also work as mentioned before, just adjust your hole size for the extra bit size.

The 1/2" shank 1/4" bits will also work with no adjustment to hole size on the jig. The only thing you may run into is the bits cost more and usually don't have much cutting depth so if you happen to cut a baffle over 1" you might run out of bit before making it through. There may be some out there that have more depth, I just havent looked for them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

on1wheel01

10+ year member
Bang A Lang
on1wheel01
Mooresville nc
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date