1 15 ported or 2 15s sealed?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Nighthawk1192
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I posted before that I was going to do 2 rl-p 15s ported but after more research I have found out that 2 15s will not breath well with the space I'm willing to give. I drive a scion tc2 and and willing to give up the whole trunk (no spare tire). My question is what would be louder or just sound better I guess? I have a saz2000d and the subs are d4. One sub would get 1000w but be ported and 2 sealed would get 2000w. Thanks

I posted before that I was going to do 2 rl-p 15s ported but after more research I have found out that 2 15s will not breath well with the space I'm willing to give. I drive a scion tc2 and and willing to give up the whole trunk (no spare tire). My question is what would be louder or just sound better I guess? I have a saz2000d and the subs are d4. One sub would get 1000w but be ported and 2 sealed would get 2000w. Thanks
So you're trying to get louder? I've seen someone put a 18" ported in a scion tc before. Can you measure your trunk and post it on here so we can figure out exactly what would work best? Do you have a H/O alternator to support your 2000w?

The original goal was to outperform 2 sd-2 12s in a prefab box (I know its terrible) running on about 1000w. Now I just want something cleaner and yes much louder. Trunk dimensions are 24" l, 41" w, and 20". As for electrical I have the stock alt right now which will be no good but I plan on having an agm in the front and a big agm in the back, big 3 of course, 1/0 gauge everything. The rl-p needs 3 cubes sealed or 3.5 cubes ported each. I think I can squeeze 6 cubes in the trunk.

The original goal was to outperform 2 sd-2 12s in a prefab box (I know its terrible) running on about 1000w. Now I just want something cleaner and yes much louder. Trunk dimensions are 24" l, 41" w, and 20". As for electrical I have the stock alt right now which will be no good but I plan on having an agm in the front and a big agm in the back, big 3 of course, 1/0 gauge everything. The rl-p needs 3 cubes sealed or 3.5 cubes ported each. I think I can squeeze 6 cubes in the trunk.
Do you know how many amps your stock alternator produces? How big of an agm batt are you planning to put in the back? I think 1 18" ported can outperform 2 15's sealed if you build the right box for it. You might be able to fit 2 15's ported if you use your entire trunk. Even then, you still gotta have a little room for the port to breath. You wouldn't want the port to be right against the wall suffocating.

If you're gonna get one sub, just get a dual 2 ohm sub so you can use your 2000w just in case you need more power for it. You can always turn down the gains too if it's too much.

the stock alt is a 100 amp. i already have the 15's so no going back on them. the tc1 had a 12.8 cubic ft trunk and the tc2 has a 14.7. As for the batt in the back it would probably be a d3400

the stock alt is a 100 amp. i already have the 15's so no going back on them. the tc1 had a 12.8 cubic ft trunk and the tc2 has a 14.7. As for the batt in the back it would probably be a d3400
Alright well.. Gotta do the best you can to fit them. Do you care about lows at all? Just to put things in perspective, a ported box will go deep and murder the lows.. and a sealed box will feel more like a chest kick.

Alright well.. Gotta do the best you can to fit them. Do you care about lows at all? Just to put things in perspective, a ported box will go deep and murder the lows.. and a sealed box will feel more like a chest kick.
that is actually why i didn't want the sd-2's compared to the rl-p's. the rl-p's get really low which i love

that is actually why i didn't want the sd-2's compared to the rl-p's. the rl-p's get really low which i love
Getting low will depend on enclosure mostly. You can't expect to put them in a sealed and get really low. I'm sure your SD-2's can get low if you made a custom enclosure for it, not prefab.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.