1-10 sub for 05 Pontiac GTO

MadItalian
10+ year member

Arizona
I am looking for one ten inch sub to put in the trunk of my Gto. I was looking at stuff such as the JL w6v2, Elemental Designs 0v.2, Boston Acoustics G5 and the Diamond Audio d6. all of these subs handle ~ 500 watts and would all be ten inches in a sealed box. i listen to mostly rock so i want good sound quality over loudness especially since im planning on keeping the stock speakers. What do you think i should get/ Pros/Cons of each subwoofer?

^^^ what he said...

wam.....gto? as in new gto? man...lol...with the gas tank between the trunk and seat, any sub is going to have a hard time being heard....trust me on this, there is absolutley zero room for a sub and enclosure if u want to have any trunk left..

my advice? do what we did...remove ur b-pillar plastic. there is 6.5's there (iirc), but anyway, tehre is enough room to build a .25ft^3 sealed enclosure in that area for an 8" sub. we put two mclass 8's in a 2004 gto in those locations, and sq componets in the doors and rear dash, all powered by a big memphis belle...it flat out kicks ass!! the bass is tight and loud...it sounds like a rock concert!

i will try to find some pics of the build...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/peace.gif.2db28b618ed8d1964ebbe2f5021d2c39.gif

i tthink there will be plenty of room back there, the sub will be put in a custom fiberglass enlosure mounted on the passenger's side of the trunk and i will make an amp rack to mount the amp onto the gas tank cage.... im not going to have somebody tear apart my brand new car thats not what i was looking for so i would definetly like to stick to one 10 in the trunk.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/peace.gif.2db28b618ed8d1964ebbe2f5021d2c39.gif
please do...i wanna see it...

better yet, drive it over. i aint that far;)

not my gto...lol...or i would jelly..

and i think ur gonna be disappointed maditalian in the output ur going to get by doing what ur suggesting. the gas tank extends all the way under the reardash as to make it **** near impossible to por tup thru it. matter of fact, teh 6.5's we put in the rear dash were mounted from the top, inside the cabin.

what i suggested doesn't tear up anything. u simply remove the plastic b pillar trim, remove the factory speaker and then construct a box that goes inbetween the factory speaker mount/cross brace and the outside sheetmetal. when ur done, the factory plastic goes right back on, and none has a clue where all that bass is coming from.

we also mounted the amp to the fuel tank cage.

but if ur stuck on doing a ten in the trunk, i'd go with a big one, so that u can give it some power.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

not my gto...lol...or i would jelly..

and i think ur gonna be disappointed maditalian in the output ur going to get by doing what ur suggesting. the gas tank extends all the way under the reardash as to make it **** near impossible to por tup thru it. matter of fact, teh 6.5's we put in the rear dash were mounted from the top, inside the cabin.

what i suggested doesn't tear up anything. u simply remove the plastic b pillar trim, remove the factory speaker and then construct a box that goes inbetween the factory speaker mount/cross brace and the outside sheetmetal. when ur done, the factory plastic goes right back on, and none has a clue where all that bass is coming from.

we also mounted the amp to the fuel tank cage.

but if ur stuck on doing a ten in the trunk, i'd go with a big one, so that u can give it some power.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:
Thats sounds pretty sick to me. I would go with the 2 8s suggesting. And to kill 2 birds with one stone, get the RLI 8s. Some of the best 8s that came out a while ago. 18mm xmax i believe.

http://www.soundsplinter.com

i don't believe the rl-i 8 will fit..lol..it's a big un...and there isn't that much depth there...that's why we used the mclass 8 from memphis.

an re8 would work, and i hear lots of good stuff about them and they aren't expensive.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/peace.gif.2db28b618ed8d1964ebbe2f5021d2c39.gif

3x RE8 ported would be fun //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

^^^ what he said...

wam.....gto? as in new gto? man...lol...with the gas tank between the trunk and seat, any sub is going to have a hard time being heard....trust me on this, there is absolutley zero room for a sub and enclosure if u want to have any trunk left..

my advice? do what we did...remove ur b-pillar plastic. there is 6.5's there (iirc), but anyway, tehre is enough room to build a .25ft^3 sealed enclosure in that area for an 8" sub. we put two mclass 8's in a 2004 gto in those locations, and sq componets in the doors and rear dash, all powered by a big memphis belle...it flat out kicks ass!! the bass is tight and loud...it sounds like a rock concert!

thats what i was gonna say, there is a firewall between the trunk and the back seat cause of the tank, do something crazy on your rear deck, it will be custom as hell but im sure you could make it badass

i say get rid of the rear speakers, and fiberglass a couple 10"s in the rear deck, loading properly off your back window and you could have some serious beats

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.