0G wiring run Late model Hyundai/Kia

Participant count
  • Participant list

Cannonshane

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey guys i recently decided to do an install on my 2020 Kia Cerato(forte) GT. I have all the gear already, DD Dm1500a, LC2i Pro, Knu Konceptz 0G OFC wiring kit, 2x 12" Infinity Kappa subs. My question is, Has anybody Ran 0G wiring in a later model Kia or even this specific model ? Im trying to work out were i can get a wire that thick from the bay into the cabin without pulling the car apart yet. Any advice or suggestions would be great. I have had a quick look in the bay and cant see any visible grommets that look large enough.

Hey guys i recently decided to do an install on my 2020 Kia Cerato(forte) GT. I have all the gear already, DD Dm1500a, LC2i Pro, Knu Konceptz 0G OFC wiring kit, 2x 12" Infinity Kappa subs. My question is, Has anybody Ran 0G wiring in a later model Kia or even this specific model ? Im trying to work out were i can get a wire that thick from the bay into the cabin without pulling the car apart yet. Any advice or suggestions would be great. I have had a quick look in the bay and cant see any visible grommets that look large enough.
There aren’t any grommets. I have a Hyundai Sonata. I pulled the carpet back near the brake pedal & I found the place wear the clutch would go, I have an automatic, & I had to make a few holes into the sheet metal. I then had to use some tin snips & side cutters just to make a big enough hole to run 2 1/0 gauges through. When I was done I Duck taped the sharp edges & also taped up the 1/0 around the same location. Once I was done running the wires I used Great Stuff foam to seal up the hole.

Look around the brake area to the left, you might see a circle in the metal behind the insulation, that’s where the clutch would go. Make triple checks before you drill. My hole I created is just below the brake booster.

There aren’t any grommets. I have a Hyundai Sonata. I pulled the carpet back near the brake pedal & I found the place wear the clutch would go, I have an automatic, & I had to make a few holes into the sheet metal. I then had to use some tin snips & side cutters just to make a big enough hole to run 2 1/0 gauges through. When I was done I Duck taped the sharp edges & also taped up the 1/0 around the same location. Once I was done running the wires I used Great Stuff foam to seal up the hole.

Look around the brake area to the left, you might see a circle in the metal behind the insulation, that’s where the clutch would go. Make triple checks before you drill. My hole I created is just below the brake booster.
Thanks for the info, Not sure if im keen on cutting bits of metal on the car, I also have a DM1000a which i can use 4G with so that might be the go, Im sure i can find somewhere to squeeze 4G through.

Thanks for the info, Not sure if im keen on cutting bits of metal on the car, I also have a DM1000a which i can use 4G with so that might be the go, Im sure i can find somewhere to squeeze 4G through.
You can push 4 gauge through the hood release grommet. Follow the hood release cable & push the grommet over. 0 gauge will not fit.

Don't use spray foam to seal up the hole. Use something like butyl rope that is what it is designed to do. Seal up the edges and spreads easily and is easy to remove as well vs spray foam which is a mess.

A drill will go through very easily. Make it just large enough for a grommet to go in and the grommet hole big enough for the wire to go through then seal it with that butyl rope as I said. That size of a hole isn't going to be a big deal. Had to do it even on a '03 Ford Explorer, most people have to do it that way unless they get lucky enough for a existing grommet to have enough room in it.

Can confirm that you can in fact fit 0G through a factory grommet. Its a pain in the ass but possible. I will try and get some pics and update this when it stops raining. Everything is installed and all running perfectly

Attachments

• 20220303_160010.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 32
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...