07 Patherfinder

Participant count
  • Participant list

NickCR
10+ year member

Stereo Moron
Hello All,

I recently acquired a 07 Pathfinder.

The car is great and I'm happy I got it but the HU doesn't have any AUX inputs or bluetooth. I would really like to get bluetooth (for my iPhone) or at the very least an AUX input.

Does anyone have any suggestions on this?

Also how does one know if they have the BOSE system? I have an LE trim package, but it was bought in Costa Rica so I don't know if it has it or not. The HU has a 6 disc changer.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
The bose system your going to have to look up your trim level package and if it is the bose system it will require you to purchase a special wiring harness to put in your new head unit

Well the good news is that it looks like it doesn't have the BOSE system as I have seen some US models and they have BOSE written right on the HU which mine does not. So with that said anyone have any ideas on how I can get a bluetooth or line-in to work on this radio? Or is the best plan of attack to just change the HU?

i have a similar pathy and there is a hack for some radios also there is a pac adapter for a input jack ( if its the same as the 05-06) but over all just changing the head unit is easiestbut if you have any more question ask away and i will try to five you a hand.
What year pathfinder do you have?

i have a 05 le check my previous post i added a link for the interface from pac oops wrong guy but the info is here cheers:).
I'm pretty jealous of all you post 2001 pathfinder guys...I'm stuck with my 99 3.3L //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif booo

---------- Post added at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

Also, OP, I just noticed you wrote "patherfinder" in the title of the thread lol..

I'm pretty jealous of all you post 2001 pathfinder guys...I'm stuck with my 99 3.3L //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif booo 

---------- Post added at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

Also, OP, I just noticed you wrote "patherfinder" in the title of the thread lol..
actually you shouldn't be 1996–2004 are all the same the only difference is cosmetic the model change did not happen till 2005 and even then the only reason to be jealous is that you have a unibody while we have a truck on frame construction.ohh i forgot in 01 it also got a bigger engine.

op just because it does not say bose its best to pull head unit out and check as they removed the label later i believe.

actually you shouldn't be 1996–2004 are all the same the only difference is cosmetic the model change did not happen till 2005 and even then the only reason to be jealous is that you have a unibody while we have a truck on frame construction.ohh i forgot in 01 it also got a bigger engine.
op just because it does not say bose its best to pull head unit out and check as they removed the label later i believe.
Yeah that's what I'm talking about. 3.3L is 160HP, the 3.5L is 250HP, and I want to say the MPG even went up.

i have a similar pathy and there is a hack for some radios also there is a pac adapter for a input jack ( if its the same as the 05-06) but over all just changing the head unit is easiestbut if you have any more question ask away and i will try to five you a hand. check this link Pac-Audio.com Product Search | iPod Integration for your car and More by Pac-Audio - Connecting you to the future
Thanks! I checked them out as I've noticed them mentioned a few times. Problem is I can't justify $120 when for $400 - $500 you can have a new deck with a touch screen and all the bells n whistles. I think that's the route I'm going to take.

i have a 05 le check my previous post i added a link for the interface from pac oops wrong guy but the info is here cheers:).
Nice man, 07 LE here. I think 05-07 are the same, 08 has some upgrades and changes.

I'm not gonna lie the 266 HP that these 4.0L push out is nice and to top that off the MPG that it gets is pretty amazing considering the size of the motor. I get ALMOST as much gas millage on this as I did on my 2.8L inline 6 Benz.

Yeah I realized it's probably best to call and verify as EVERYTHING i've read everywhere suggest that the BOSE systems are stock on the LE. Who knows though maybe in Costa Rica they are not.

Just talked to the shop manager and they couldn't tell me if it came with it or not.

So I've been looking into some headunit options to replace this and I have come up with this two which are within the price range:

Pioneer AVH-P8400BH

and

Pioneer AVH-P4400BH

The only major differences from what I can see are the graphic user interfaces and the fact that one has the app store thing.

Do you guys know which interface I need to get to integrate the steering wheel controls with the radio?

The different is less than $100, but I don't want to get something that is useless and since a lot of apps don't work outside the US (Im in Costa Rica) I wonder if it's even worth it. But I was hoping someone with more experience can chime in.

either of those will be fine i run a avh myself and love the ipod integration as well as the usb pair that with the pac steering control adapter i think i used the pac-sw1 or swi and your all set unless you have bose and then you will have to bypass the amp etc but no big deal just time consuming.

Thanks for all your continued support MadAudio. Have you ever heard of this: Metra Axxess ASWC? Lots of people claim it's much better than the PAC-SW1.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

NickCR

10+ year member
Stereo Moron
NickCR
San Jose, CR
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date