06 malibu maintnance?

cbuts
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
hi, driving 06 malibu..

i get the oil changes done recently had the tranny fluid topped up and checked and it was full and good colour. just wondering what else i can do to make my car run and sound better.

thanks

replace shocks and struts around the 50-60k mile mark. inspect all hoses and clamps. inspect the accessory belt and timing belt. valve cover gaskets. I'd clean my engine bay up really good so that it makes it easier to find oil that may be leaking or vacuum hoses that may be broken. get a hold of the vehicle maintenance log and just go through it thoroughly.

replace shocks and struts around the 50-60k mile mark. inspect all hoses and clamps. inspect the accessory belt and timing belt. valve cover gaskets. I'd clean my engine bay up really good so that it makes it easier to find oil that may be leaking or vacuum hoses that may be broken. get a hold of the vehicle maintenance log and just go through it thoroughly.
thx

hi, driving 06 malibu..i get the oil changes done recently had the tranny fluid topped up and checked and it was full and good colour. just wondering what else i can do to make my car run and sound better.

thanks
I have an 05 w/ a 3.5. Has 172,XXX mi on it, lol. Bought it cheap w/ 149,XXX earlier this year. The motor is just about the easiest dang thing in the world to maintain. Changed the plugs, wires, air filter, switched to synthetic oil, new tires all around since then. Doesn't take much to keep the car running, honestly. Next up to be changed on the motor are the oxygen sensors.

Here's a couple issues the 05's have, not sure if 06's share them..

1)The running lights can get hot and scorch the interior of the housings. Mine actually burned a hole through the tops of orange bulb covers. Change them to LED's.

2)The intermediary steering shaft is janky. Causes a slight knock/tick/bump when turning the wheel across the straight ahead position from either direction. I had it replaced for free when i bought the car. It still has a slight tick, but the replacement shaft is much better than the original.

Other than basic tune-ups, its a very easy car to care for.

I have an 05 w/ a 3.5. Has 172,XXX mi on it, lol. Bought it cheap w/ 149,XXX earlier this year. The motor is just about the easiest dang thing in the world to maintain. Changed the plugs, wires, air filter, switched to synthetic oil, new tires all around since then. Doesn't take much to keep the car running, honestly. Next up to be changed on the motor are the oxygen sensors.

1)The running lights can get hot and scorch the interior of the housings. Mine actually burned a hole through the tops of orange bulb covers. Change them to LED's.

2)The intermediary steering shaft is janky. Causes a slight knock/tick/bump when turning the wheel across the straight ahead position from either direction. I had it replaced for free when i bought the car. It still has a slight tick, but the replacement shaft is much better than the original.

the intermediate shaft was one of the first things wrong with my car, and the shop i took it to had someone who sold rebuilt ones that have a grease ****** on them so ill never have it replaced again, so your problem may be coming back possibly?

other then that my steering does feel wierd and not as id like it to, but i dont think theres much i can do about it.

i also had the sensor on my gas tank go so i had to get that fixed, part was like $30 but 100ish in labour cause they had to drop the gastank.

what do these sensors do? i plan on doing my plugs and wires very soon

the intermediate shaft was one of the first things wrong with my car, and the shop i took it to had someone who sold rebuilt ones that have a grease ****** on them so ill never have it replaced again, so your problem may be coming back possibly?

other then that my steering does feel wierd and not as id like it to, but i dont think theres much i can do about it.

i also had the sensor on my gas tank go so i had to get that fixed, part was like $30 but 100ish in labour cause they had to drop the gastank.

the intermediate shaft was one of the first things wrong with my car, and the shop i took it to had someone who sold rebuilt ones that have a grease ****** on them so ill never have it replaced again, so your problem may be coming back possibly?other then that my steering does feel wierd and not as id like it to, but i dont think theres much i can do about it.

oxygen sensors tell the ecu how much oxygen is in the exhaust and raise or lower the fuel/air ratio based on its readings. if they go bad or are going bad, the idle will get more and more rough and mpg's will decrease. idk anything about the fuel tank issue you had. my car never had that problem.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

cbuts

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
cbuts
canada,ont
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date