05 Re XXX question

Rsahota112
10+ year member

fresno
I am thinking about getting one of the 05 model Re XXX I am getting it for 300 so the price isnt too bad but i was wondering if it would sound ok running about 1500 watts in either a bandpass or downfiring center console in my truck with about 2 cubes ported to work with ?

yeah its a 12 dual 2 ohm and could anyone recommend how to put it in my chevy crew cab, downfiring or bandpassed in my center console? and a buddy of mine has offered to give me 800 for my PPI 1500 watt amp with $800 are there any amps out there that could be recommended that could push it a little better?

2cubes is quite small for a ported box. You have a lot of options. 1500watts rms is underpowering the sub though. They don't shine till 1600wrms+. If you are on a budget look into Hifonics. If not memphis, ia, fostage t series, kicker zx series, powerbass, orion are some good amplifiers.

Im hoping to get 2.2 ported i have talked to some people and they say that this system is kinda overkill for my truck? does anyone elese think the same? Or do you think it will sound good given the specs and the location of the sub?

that sub will make you fall in love...it did for me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

yo man, i have an 05 XXX 12 inch today that is getting installed as we speak at the shop, it is in a 2.5 cu ft ported box. I should have the car back tommorow, so i can let you know how i think it sounds when i get it if you want?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.