05 Grand Prix. First serious build, advice,help, anything appreciated!!

Hey guys new member. Been into car audio a while but just getting into custom more advanced builds. Looking for opinions, others experiences etc....

Really need help designig with ported boxes.

Got new subs n amp bought and waiting for me to figure out a box and all the install details.

Looking to go ported in the trunk of a 05 Pontiac Grand Prix.

Any tips, experiences etc I'd like to hear, will post details below.

Tia all

What I'm working with.

CAR - 05 grand Prix, looking to go ported, sub and port facing cabin trunk sealed. Going for a SPL/ somewhat SQ mix.

EQUIPMENT ON HAND- 2 12 flex audio Blu series subs. Kind of a dice roll on the subs, bought because they were in my power and price range. Can't find much on them but they had decent specs and look to be decent quality for the price so I'm giving em a try.

AMP- Alphard deaf bounce 2000.1. plan at wiring at 2 Ohm and going from there once I get everything install​ed.

WHAT I NEED- your guys help with box design, previous experiences with similar installs etc..!!! I've had a few different sealed setups thru the years but this is my first raw material start to finish ported build. Have general dims, diagrams n such I'll upload so you all can get a feel for what I'm working with. Really love some box tips and general info/guidlines for ported builds. Cosmetics and wiring I can do but box design has been kicking my butt for weeks.

T.I.A to anyone who has input!!

[quote name='mclerico83']@CSCStang ; for sick plans on anything you need[/QUOTE]
come on dude show him your old car plessseeee.... that thing was nice... why don't have pics in gallery?, u shoulda gave me that gp instead of selling it.

What I'm working with.CAR - 05 grand Prix, looking to go ported, sub and port facing cabin trunk sealed. Going for a SPL/ somewhat SQ mix.

EQUIPMENT ON HAND- 2 12 flex audio Blu series subs. Kind of a dice roll on the subs, bought because they were in my power and price range. Can't find much on them but they had decent specs and look to be decent quality for the price so I'm giving em a try.

AMP- Alphard deaf bounce 2000.1. plan at wiring at 2 Ohm and going from there once I get everything install​ed.

WHAT I NEED- your guys help with box design, previous experiences with similar installs etc..!!! I've had a few different sealed setups thru the years but this is my first raw material start to finish ported build. Have general dims, diagrams n such I'll upload so you all can get a feel for what I'm working with. Really love some box tips and general info/guidlines for ported builds. Cosmetics and wiring I can do but box design has been kicking my butt for weeks.

T.I.A to anyone who has input!!

i have 04 gtp but i just have 1 12 u should see mclericos old grand prix wow.. yeah cscstang makes killer boxes

Some
526f6ce9c76f5bfc68eff5edc8276ff2.jpg

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

I did a 99 Grand Prix forward fire. Pulled the seats and carpet and drilled out all the welds I could to remove sheet metal from the back. 2 RE SX 15s on 2400 rms in 8 cubes at 34 hz and it was loud af. I miss that car so bad.

Thanks for the input, ive had m my mind set forward firing for a available minute now. Did you compleatly seal the trunk off? Heard that it cuts down on trunk rattle quit a bit. Im itchin to get my new setup goin, if I could just get my darn box desighn down pat.

i have 04 gtp but i just have 1 12 u should see mclericos old grand prix wow.. yeah cscstang makes killer boxes

Ive got 2 12 inch typhoons ive beat on for the past 7 or 8 years, box setup and all that real similar to mclerico83's. they've done the job, ive just got used to them and want a little more. Mainly looking for sompthing to play lower and more spl of course.lol

That a sharp ride mclerico83. Really dig the headlights and hood, been thinking about going with the same myself once I get this system in and see were im at on power. Id say a alts definitely gona be on the gotta have list so im holding off on everything else for now.

Im trying to hold off on paying for a print for now. If I can figure out the generall rules I think I can come up with sompthin. Got a couple desighns rolling that meet specs. I just need to kno how close to follow manufacturer specs, such as port length etc... and just generall desighn, like how far port should be from sub or the box walls and db such. Nothing personall against paying for help, but I enjoy learning about all this and like being able to say I did that. I appreciate everyones input tho and hope you all keep it coming, no info is bad info so lets hear it

Ive got 2 12 inch typhoons ive beat on for the past 7 or 8 years, box setup and all that real similar to mclerico83's. they've done the job, ive just got used to them and want a little more. Mainly looking for sompthing to play lower and more spl of course.lol
yeah i had 2 orion hp ported for 3 yrs and i got same inferno spoiler he had on his (don't think it was in pic) and it cost like $500 painted and installed subs rattled trunk so bad i took it out and used 1 for next 5 yrs just sold both couple months ago.. port and sub firing into cabin don't work for me (i never sealed it off though) guy here said his only worked with port on side and u need a couple inches free in front of port.. so i'd say make box fit back seat opening then make wider at back for more cf and do port on back box wall out the side

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

KYaudiophile

KYaudiophile
Small town, Kentucky
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
BOOMINGRANDPA