04 Ford Explorer Build Log

JarvisB
10+ year member

JarvisB
MI/DC
not sure if my pics are qualified to be in this section lol.. I did not take step by step pics, I dont do that but I got completed pics so hope thats good enough

I did an install in my 04 Ford Explorer Limited 4.6L V8

I had bunch of stuff to install comestically wise and car audio

here is the link to see everything I had

down below are pics of install

Keep in mind, it is not 100% done, I hope that it will be 100% by tomorrow, but I still got some plans in buying some more equipment in near future..

Lower billet grille is not installed because I need to get spacers, it should be done tomorrow..

IMG_1571.jpg

IMG_1568.jpg

IMG_1576.jpg

Rims will be going on the explorer tomorrow first thing in the morning, this one is just a mock up

IMG_1579.jpg

IMG_1580.jpg

IMG_1582.jpg

IMG_1589.jpg

IMG_1555.jpg

IMG_1556.jpg

IMG_1557.jpg

IMG_1559.jpg

IMG_1561.jpg

IMG_1564.jpg

IMG_1565.jpg

IMG_1584.jpg

IMG_1585.jpg

Missing pic: 250A alternator installed

My system sure does wang! I am loving it sofar even though I have only heard it for like an hour or so..

One thing I am very impressed about is the Mechman 250A Alternator because at idle I could just bump it at full tilt, there was not any voltage drop, it stayed above 12V all the way.. Mad props to Mechman! Also what is even better is that I have not installed the Kinetik HC2400 yet and I have not done the Big 3 yet either.. wow!

Another thing I am impressed about is my stock speakers, they are keeping up pretty good compared to most stockers.. My stock set up is an audiophile audio set up (which is like a premium plus option on ford explorers) since my Explorer is a Limited model.. They sound pretty good, I can hear the words most of the time, but when the low lows hits, I cant hear the words lol..

Again, keep in mind, it is not 100% done yet..

I still have a Kicker 650.4 that is not being used at this point yet..

Here is what I am looking to buy in near future:

Dynamat Lite or Fatmat

Component Set

More 1/0 KLMX for my 650.4

Speaker wire

possibly lowering springs

6k or 8k HIDs for my headlights and foglights (not sure since I dont have projectors so maybe it is not a good idea after all, we will see)

Also sometime in June or possibly earlier, I will be attempting to make a false floor in front of the box you can see I have one panel in front of the box in the back.. I plan on removing that panel, behind it there is a jack and whatever for the spare tire, I plan to remove all that and hopefully I will be able to fit my ZX2500.1 in there and put a plexiglass on the top.. so that way it would be a clean install, I don’t want the amp to stay on my rear seat forever, I like clean installs.. I am very anal so I like everything clean and perfect.. so keep an eye out for a false floor build sometime soon

Tomorrow I will be finishing up with whatever I have left: install HC2400, lower billet grille, big 3, and 22s.

And I will be giving the expo a full detail very soon after I buy some products: clay bar, polish, wax, etc

No video yet, I ended up finishing up late so did not feel like making a video, I will try to get one up soon..

Hope I have covered everything, but if I notice something missing, I will add.

Thanks for looking, hope you enjoyed what you saw

Awesome man...04 Explorers FTW

how you like the omega? i was close with going with them but i got a good deal on the DC's, so went that route

how does that box sound?

Awesome man...04 Explorers FTW
how you like the omega? i was close with going with them but i got a good deal on the DC's, so went that route

how does that box sound?
I love the omega! and the box sounds awesome.. I m sure y'all would think i got 2 15s or 2 12s, but I got only one 15.. it hits hard! IMO I think I can give the sub a bit more power, but I dont have any more power lol..

The box sure was built nicely.. props to Mobeious, he is member around here, hit him up if you want your box built like that or whatever..

lookin good bud, just needs to be dropped now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
yeah but I am unsure about lowering it since I would run into plenty of suspension issues after lowering and my tires will wear out hella fast, I dont want to drop another grand on tires for my 22s in near future already.. so lowering is still up in the air..

Everything looks nice. I'm glad you got everything figured out after the whole fiasco.

Take some photos in the day light so I can check those taillight out. That powder coating on the grille appears to have come out pretty nice, he did a good job on it.

Yeah Jon did an excellent job on painting the grilles.. I am in love with how my front end looks even though the lower grille is not installed yet..

I would say I like my taillights very much as well.. The LEDs looks very sharp in the night time and looks really nice as well.. Looks more classy/luxury IMO

I just realized I forgot to add HIDs to my near future purchase list, so the OP is added with HIDs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

EDIT: kbkid, thank you very much for trying to help me yesterday with all of my fiasco like you said lol.. I appreciate it very much, it is rare to find people who are grateful enough to teach an idiot like me how to do some stuff.. Thanks again, man. If you need help on something that I know a lot about, I will be more than happy to help you in return.

Thanks..

Even though those might look good, I am in love with black KMC Slides, I really want them but I cant afford them ha and I am trying to tell myself that my rims are good enough so I wont drop another grand or two on another set of rims lol..

I would rather to spend on a black paintjob than spending on another set of rims

Hah I just noticed you were jamming to the '02 album by Tyrese.

Come on now, there has got to be better tunes to rock to in order to check your new sub out.

Lol what is wrong with old tunes? I dont really keep up with new songs unless someone recommends me to check out some certain songs and often I would add them to my "like" list..

But I m pretty sure I got this track from suggestions in the bass track thread..

If there is anything you would recommend, then just let me know //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Absolutely nothing wrong with older songs or Tyrese for that matter, but there are plenty others to check out.

The bass is nice, but I'm past that stage it seems.

Regardless, I'm just giving you a hard time.

hah you sure are not giving me any hard time //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

actually if you got a song or two in mind that I should play, just name it.. Maybe I will thank you some more tomorrow lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.