'02 Jeep Grand Cherokee WJ: Speaker Upgrade HELP

Participant count
  • Participant list

02wj

Hey All,

First off allow me to apologize if I put this in the wrong section, I'm new.

Second, I just purchased a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo w/o the Infinity Gold premium sound system about 2 or so months ago. I recently installed a Kenwood KDC-BT758HD receiver to replace the factory A/M-F/M-tape-CD radio.

I want to upgrade my factory speakers, which are NOT the premium sound (Infinity Gold) ones... I know the sizes are as follows:

Front Doors: 6X9"

Dash: 2.5" Tweeters

Rear Doors: 6.75"

The question is, the front door speakers in my type of Jeep sits really, really close to the front door speaker grilles... I want to replace the factory 6X9"'s with aftermarket 6X9"'s so that they just drop right in place of the old ones... I'm thinking of going with Kicker 6X9" components and just putting the 6X9" woofers in place of the factory 6X9"'s in the front doors, and the component tweeters in the factory locations in the dash... the problem comes when two crossovers also have to be mounted. Those with 1999-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee WJs: where is the best place to mount crossovers in the front of the Jeep? I don't want to do a lot of rewiring.

The rear door speakers will also be Kickers, 6.75" in size... these WON'T be the component models, they'll fit right in, no problem.

If someone could assist me here, I'd like to make this as easy and as nice as possible in my daily driver (the Jeep).

Thanks,

Vince

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.