01 Ford Taurus headunit help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Chronicnuggs

texas
Hello, I got an 01 Ford Taurus and I'm trying to hook up a new radio headunit, but the wiring hardness in the car that was used for the old radio doesn't match up to the new radio? And the harness they gave me doesn't match color wise with stock one, so I wouldn't be sure on how to splice them? I'm trying to put the head unit in so I can install my 8" Jl audio 3v3 sub

That gen Taurus has the tuner in the trunk of the car. The stock "head unit" is just the face for controls and settings.

The wiring harness that fits your vehicle should be around ten feet long. It connects to the harnesses for the tuner in the trunk, then run back up to behind the dash. Id suggest running your RCA's and other wires at the same time you run your aftermarket radio harness.

Okay so, I rip up the carpet, get to the stock tuner and that is where I plug the aftermarket harness, run those wires to the front behind the dash then splice that end to the end of the new radio connector? And that's it?

OKay I got the headunit wired up and working perfectly, but I started working my sub and got all the wires layer out and hooked Up, but when I reconnected the positive battery wire it always blows my inline 50 amp fuse for the battery wire? I don't know why this keeps happening, I really wanna listen to my subs

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.