'00 cherokee sport new speaker sound questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

mikerr

Hi all.

I have a 2000 Jeep Cherokee sport (XJ). I am using the original head unit. (plan on adding an amp in a few months) I replaced the door speakers with 5.25 pioneer 3 ways. They sounded way better than I thought they would. They are loud, and clear, and only get distortion when I turn it up very loud (new amp should help). I liked the pioneers so much I got 6.5 pioneers for the rear. The original rears were 5.25, but the 6.5's fit in the opening. I just couldn't use the original Jeep speaker covers. So comparing the fronts vs the rear, the fronts have more bass, and the sound is just much richer. I am very disappointed in the 6.5's.They sound flat....could it be the space behind the 6.5's? they are mounted in the ceiling (OEM mount) any help/advice is greatly appreciated. thanks

are they the same series of speakers? and also i have a 99 jeep Cherokee got 6.5 speakers in my back in the roof running off my headunit sound perfectly fine....... you might just have bought your 6.5's from a cheaper line of pioneer. also honestly dont really need a rear stage if you get your front stage amped and a good set of components im running sundown sa 6.5's up front sound great, also what made you go with the pioneers? 3 way is really just a marketing gimmick......

they are the same series of pioneers. They sound completely different than the 5.25's. They only difference I could find in the two is the depth. The 5.25's are deeper than the 6.5's. Maybe that's the difference in sound.........my wife got me the 5.25's for xmas, they wouldn't have been my choice, but they do sound good.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.