Xmax/Excursion. What subs have the most?

No.
No.

30-31mm is a very good xmax, but hardly anything new. Subs like the old XXX and W7 have been in that range (slightly higher actually) for many years now.

xmech is not 'harmful' excursion, its excursion the sub can produce before physically bottoming out (on the motor, suspension, or frame) and ignores distoriton or motor force levels (which is why you think its harmful, but it is not 'harmful' to anything but linearity)

Yes that is 54mm one-way linear.

Not even close.

You are correct, if you use the overly-small enclosure size recommendations RE advertises. But its not cabin pressure that becomes a limiting factor against motor force, its back pressure in the enclosure.

I dont believe an SSX motor has the potential for 58mm one-way (or anywhere close to it), Id have to see more info than your claim to believe that is true.

There is no such thing as peak-to-peak xmax. If you are referring to P2P, you are NOT referring to "xmax".

Mine too.
Audioholic strikes again, owning all who dare to speak //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Audioholic strikes again, owning all who dare to speak //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
pfffffft his answer doesn't mean anything to me on the RFLs.

No one loves the MTX RFL 152s or is it just too old school for anyone here? That 4.35" peak to peak is not false advertisement although that sub has a high Fs so it didn't sound that great as a daily sub so it wasn't popular.

People were doing over 160s on a termlab back when these came out in like what, 2003? They were all over termpro with many team members using it.

mycar.jpg

pfffffft his answer doesn't mean anything to me on the RFLs.

No one loves the MTX RFL 152s or is it just too old school for anyone here? That 4.35" peak to peak is not false advertisement although that sub has a high Fs so it didn't sound that great as a daily sub so it wasn't popular.
You've answered your own question about my reply... peak-to-peak. The OP's question was is there any production sub with more xmax/excursion than a XXX, the answer is no. And the RFL, with its peak-to-peak spec clearly puts it nowhere close to a XXX.

That 4.35" of excursion figure is not only peak-to-peak (so you can cut it in half to compare it to other subs made by manufacturers who dont publish bullshit specs to make their product look better), its probably also xmech doubled (since its pretty much an SPL-only sub where xmech is more important than xmax) so you can chop even more off that figure before you halve it.

Hope that clears up my earlier, more abrupt reply.

People were doing over 160s on a termlab back when these came out in like what, 2003? They were all over termpro with many team members using it.
I agree. But that has nothing to do with its excursion potential, which is what this discussion is about.

Excursion aside, RFL's are sweet //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif There's a blown pair at a Stereo King near me, I really wanna get ahold of them...

You've answered your own question about my reply... peak-to-peak. The OP's question was is there any production sub with more xmax/excursion than a XXX, the answer is no. And the RFL, with its peak-to-peak spec clearly puts it nowhere close to a XXX.
That 4.35" of excursion figure is not only peak-to-peak (so you can cut it in half to compare it to other subs made by manufacturers who dont publish bullshit specs to make their product look better), its probably also xmech doubled (since its pretty much an SPL-only sub where xmech is more important than xmax) so you can chop even more off that figure before you halve it.

Hope that clears up my earlier, more abrupt reply.

I agree. But that has nothing to do with its excursion potential, which is what this discussion is about.
Idc what specs a manufacturer throws up my hcca

Has just as much excursion as my friends xxx. There are Many subs out there today that compare.

Idc what specs a manufacturer throws up my hccaHas just as much excursion as my friends xxx. There are Many subs out there today that compare.
Your Orion has an xmax of approx 30mm.

Orion HCCA-15.2 15" 4000W 2-Ohm Subwoofer

Orion Subwoofers @LightAV.com 877-390-1599 orion,hcca-10.2,hcca-10.4,hcca-12.2,hcca-12.4,hcca-15.2,hcca-15.4,recone,replacement,kit,ck,loaded,basspack,encliosure,hp10d2,hp10d4,hp12d2,hp12d4,car,audio,sub,subwoofer,co104s,co124s,drag,spl,box,vented,4,

Pretty average xmax by today's top-tier subwoofer standards. Certainly impressive, but not in the same ballpark as a XXX. Obviously your friend isn't getting the excursion potential out of his sub. I have no idea what circumstances lead to the apples to oranges comparison you are placing on your friend's speaker.

everyone remember this vid? it says 3" excursion so ppl saying there sub does 4" is crazy. because this one is about to just off the spider landing.

Which is mid 30's mm xmech being shown there, which is right at the limit those 12 spoke frames allow. To keep things in perspective here.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...