what your guys trick for stuck bolts

99grandprixGT
5,000+ posts

now got an 04 grand prix
home
im triyng to get my caliper bracket off and the bolt is stuck on there. im guessing the last person probably used am impact,thing and torqued that ***** on there.so how u guys get them off. ive sprayed it with some dw 40 but nothing. and im afraid if i use am impact to take it off it will strip or if its already? fuck

PB Blaster, let it sit for a few minutes. and get some air tools! Good luck, but pb blaster is really a god send.

beat it with a hammer a little...might have some surface rust u need to beat loose... Impact would probally break it off. Use a prybar instead of a ratchet to loosen it

Put a cheater bar on the wrench. Basically the longest piece of pipe you have that will fit on there. Moar leveraaage.
ya it just *****, on jack stands does not give much room.

beat it with a hammer a little...might have some surface rust u need to beat loose... Impact would probally break it off. Use a prybar instead of a ratchet to loosen it
ya i was thinking of buying one. but i mean for the price i pay to use it once, i could just pay a shop to do it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.