sundown SAE 1200D

I am working on the v.2 version of the 1200D -- you can go that route when ready //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

how are the refurbished sundowns compared to a new one? they come with a warrenty but it isnt from sundow direct if im not mistaken, has anyone bought a referb......what kind of luck did you have?
Refurbished Sundown Audio amps come from my shop, dB-r. We buy them from Sundown Audio, rebuild/refurbish them and resell them with a 1 year warranty.

New Sundown Audio = 2 year warranty from Sundown Audio

Refurbished Sundown Audio = 1 year warranty from dB-r Electronics

They both perform exactly the same, as we only use OEM parts and do the best job possible when rebuilding these amps. I think even Jacob will tell you that there is no difference in performance of these amps, just price, and warranty period, and possibly a few scratches here and there, but usually most are in like new condition, some are new but failed QC at Sundown for various reasons which we fix all those problems here before sending to the customer. We have a good rep, just ask around. Been doing business with Sundown since 2007 and started selling refurbished amps in 2008.

These SAE-1200D's are clearance specials at a highly reduced price just to get rid of them, which is why they only come with a 30 day warranty, the price.... Normally all Refurbished Sundown Audio amps have a 1 year warranty from us.

No they all sold out in like 4 hours at that price....

The problems vary greatly, too long to list here. No common problems among the amps, well actually the older SAZ models tend to break from vibration, but the newer ones do not, have not seen a single vibration failure in those. This is probably due to the nice feedback I give Jacob so he can tell the factory how he wants HIS amps built, regardless of what the factory says. Standoffs were added into the new heatsink SAZ models in the middle of the board to stop the board flex. It has been VERY effective at resolving the problem. Probably why we hardly see ANY SAZ-1500D's come back anymore at all. We used to get alot of them, and most of the were vibration damage, we hardly ever get one of the new ones. Saddens me really, because they were a great seller in refurbished. We do extra soldering on ALL of the refurb amps to help even further strengthen them against vibration damage, it helps the older model SAZ amps tremendously. I have only seen 1, that was over a year since we refurbed it that was broken. And it didn't break our soldering, it broke the legs right at the base of the part, which unless International Rectifier wants to spend millions to make stronger legs on those TO-220 mosfets, there is nothing we can do to prevent that. This does not occur in the newer SAZ amps that have the standoffs. Improving your product over time is important. Sundown does this.

By the way... just posted pictures of the upcoming v.2 model on my SSA, SMD, and CACO forums along with more details :

1200dv2b.jpg

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/30699-sae-1200d-v2-teaser-pics/

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/index.php?showtopic=52830

http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/showthread.php?t=15482

SAE is made in China, they don't have internal strapping, are not stable above 15v, and are not recommended for use under 1 ohm.

For a regular 12v electrical at 1 ohm system the SAE-1200D performs pretty close to the SAZ-1500D.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.