2 SVC 2ohm JL w3 in parallel w/ sundown SFB-1000D

Participant count
  • Participant list

Tr1cky42

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello audiophiles. I'm new here but I'm hoping you guys can help me out. I recently acquired an SFB-1000D from a friend and paired it with a single JL 12" w3. Well, as you could guess I blew it in 2 months. Crutchfield was nice enough to warranty it out but recommended a smaller amp. Well, of course I don't want to do that. I was thinking of getting another JL to pair with it and run the amp in parallel (only way to get the proper power @ 1 ohm). But, to make a long story longer, how do I do that? I saw a video somewhere that said some amps you can just run each 2ohm sub to each channel and the amp will run them in parallel automatically. Is this the case with this amp or do I need to actually parallel them? They will be in separate enclosures. Thx for your help!

Ps: each sub is rated for 150-500w RMS, 1000w max. The amp (2ch) is rated for 850w @ 2ohm or 1,000w @ 1ohm (more like 1400w)

This way would be 1 ohm load on the amplifier which that sundown should do just fine.

2-SVC-2-ohm-mono-low-imp.jpg

or 4 ohm load will work as well

Last edited:
2SVC_2-ohm_mono.jpg

If you can dump the two enclosures and go to a single enclosure for both subwoofers. Also if that is the subwoofer man for that price you could have had a set of Fi Xs or any number subwoofers that are 1000-1500 watts RMS for less then that 379 if that is the subwoofer you bought. Don't get me wrong JL makes nice stuff but they are so over priced for what you get.

Last edited:
JL is ridiculously overpriced, but if you want to run 2 you just run positive to positive and negative to negative like the first example.

Then, make sure you aren't clipping so you don't kill any more subs. I doubt they'll warranty a 2nd one.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...