Sound Deadening recommendations and help.

How much did that run you? and i found 24sq foot of knu on ebay for about 95 bucks. i'm still looking around well because who doesn't want the most bang for there buck? lol. i know my trunk is around 14.7sq foot. i have no idea about the doors though.
I know Sonic has the 36 Sq Ft pack for $100. Like Dmac said though, he can get it at Radioshack for a similar/better price.

I did Stinger expert but Knukoncpetz has some nice deadner also both are good. You should need at least 26 sq feet for the trunk. Don't go cheap and don't try and cut corners you'll regret it. This is something you ONLY want to do one time trust me lol.

I planned on purchasing the car kit from SoundQubed, I have been told it is very good.

Out of curiosity, do many people sound deaden the ceiling of their car underneath the liner?

you'll want some weather strip foam tape to decouple the metal parts of the trunk from eachother too.
this is 100% true. my aplication was my roof braces - but same rules apply - where the bracing is bonded to the outer sheetmetal - there are sometimes gaps and or just not enough of the factory bonding agent applied to all the seams - and this allows the actual metal to metal contact and noise - its easily fixable use whatever you choose - in my aplication i simply used some leftover caulking tubes from the garage and let dry for 48 hours before playing system again - if you can reach in to a few spots - then something like the foam weatherstriping tape or double sided foam tape can also work to stop metal pannels from banging against metal bracing...

back in the hood days guys would just shove rags in their trunk bracing to help stop this noise lol

I planned on purchasing the car kit from SoundQubed, I have been told it is very good.
Out of curiosity, do many people sound deaden the ceiling of their car underneath the liner?

I need to, but since my truck is 15 years old now I can only imagine that it would just crumble if it were to be removed. Majority of my rattle comes from my back glass which I believe to be because of the roof flex. I mean the the roof is only 2 feet above my port and subs.

I had an sl2 also, and just be warned that because of the fact that saturns are made out of plastic instead of metal, youll almost never get rid of rattles completely. My sl2 was LINED with dynamat and it still was the death of me listening to rattling.

the StandartPlast VIZOMAT - Hard Sound Deadener is only $80 from 40 sqft. that seems like a good price. i wanna sound deaden my truck as part of my new build. i have a 2004 toyota sequoia. quite large vehicle how far do you think 40 sqft would get me.

the StandartPlast VIZOMAT - Hard Sound Deadener is only $80 from 40 sqft. that seems like a good price. i wanna sound deaden my truck as part of my new build. i have a 2004 toyota sequoia. quite large vehicle how far do you think 40 sqft would get me.
I have a sedan and 50 sqft did my 4 doors and trunk full coverage so u may be pretty close do ur trunk 1st then patch the doors with what u have left also what mil is it

I have a sedan and 50 sqft did my 4 doors and trunk full coverage so u may be pretty close do ur trunk 1st then patch the doors with what u have left also what mil is it
80 mill. I wanna do atleast the back half for now as im building a wall in my truck. does sound deadener really help with that much?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.