Sound Deadening recommendations and help.

bchamp

Hey everyone, I have a 2006 Saturn ion, I'm looking to sound deaden because my trunk rattles like crazy, I plan on deadening the trunk and doors. but my question is, what brand do you recommend and how much is it, also how much would I need to buy? Any input at all would be greatly apperciated. Thanks for looking and have a great day.

I just installed some Stinger Roadkill since it came highly recommended from multiple sources. I must say that it has done a good job. Greatly helped to eliminate door flex under low notes and gave my stock front stage a more "full" sound feeling. Pretty easy to work with as well.

I didn't have much problems with GTMat it's inexpensive since it's hot outside it should be easy to put on. I have not had a problem with it melting and I only used 50 mil and no rattles I'd probably go with 80 or 110 mil though still cheaper than others

Stinger Road Kill is nice for the price. Better than Dynamat for sure

The top 3 deadeners tested on DIYMA were

KnuKonceptz Kno Knoise Kolossus 100mil KnuKonceptz Kno Knoise Sound Deadening Door Kit 14SQ ft 100mil Thick Deadener | eBay

Second Skin Damplifier Damplifier Pro

STP Atlantic Web Store - Buy Car Sound Deadener Online

or Web Store - Buy Car Sound Deadener Online

Any of the aforementioned would work tho

I personally used the Kno Knoise 80 mil version on my rear deck because it used to jump like Jordan. Applied about 60% coverage and it was solid as hell afterwards. Didn't move an inch after. Some beefy stuff.

Could also scoop up some of the Execution Audio 60mil deadener off eBay for like $70 shipped. 24sq ft

So i'm looking at the kno knoise 80mil deadener, i think 24sq feet should be more then enough to line my trunk, and ill even have around 13.7 sq feet left to work with. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

So i'm looking at the kno knoise 80mil deadener, i think 24sq feet should be more then enough to line my trunk, and ill even have around 13.7 sq feet left to work with. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif
Lucky! I used up about 32 Sq Ft on my front doors alone. Grant it that was about 90% outer door coverage and 99% inner door coverage, including gaps. Gotta hate truck doors.

But yea, you won't go wrong with any of the ones listed here. I wanted Knu's lineup, but I couldn't pass up the price I got the Stinger Roadkill 36Sq Ft pack for.

Lucky! I used up about 32 Sq Ft on my front doors alone. Grant it that was about 90% outer door coverage and 99% inner door coverage, including gaps. Gotta hate truck doors.
But yea, you won't go wrong with any of the ones listed here. I wanted Knu's lineup, but I couldn't pass up the price I got the Stinger Roadkill 36Sq Ft pack for.
I can get it locally at a radioshack for $85

And it goes for like 99 on eBay

crazy cheap for the quality

How much did that run you? and i found 24sq foot of knu on ebay for about 95 bucks. i'm still looking around well because who doesn't want the most bang for there buck? lol. i know my trunk is around 14.7sq foot. i have no idea about the doors though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.