Porsche 911 SS build

Soundstorm? why?
They are just rear fill....I'm sure they will be replaced at some point in time if they don't serve the purpose....I'd really like just a mid/full range and no tweeters back there so I may snip the tweeter wires //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif........but it was all I could come up with to fit the stock location for now and not look bad.....it is pretty shallow back there also 1 3/4 to be exact....if I measured right....

because of the rain I haven't got to work on the system much....the USD horns won't fit due to duct work in the kicks.....no room for the motor off the horns...so i'm going with a set of German made DDA-T28 tweeters in kicks that I had laying around....Here are the tweeter specs.....

The DDA-T28 is a wide-band tweeter with a 28mm coil diameter. It uses two rear chambers, one behind the voice coil and a second milled aluminum chamber behind the motor. Shorting rings are used in the motor to flatten the impedance curve and wick away heat from the coil windings. The proprietary fabric dome has a range extending 10,000Hz past the hearing capability of the human ear. Countless hours of listening have been done to "tune" this tweeter via each part, glue joint and assembly step. The result is a most listenable tweeter which will show you new details you hadn't known possible.

Well I updated the Door speakers in the 911.....here are some before.....

abcdef043-1.jpg

abcdef044.jpg

Thanks...the Old School Jensen KA3 3ch I hooked up has some really good sound ...I'll decide if I want to keep it or not after some listening test....I'm really considering going vintage Blaupunkt gear except for the deck and sub...a newer Blaupunkt deck and the DD sub of course....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.