performance for my mustang...

You need a Manual.

Autos are sooooooooooo close compared.

Also Manuals get better gas mileage.

IMO, since I have a 94 Mustang GT and know the car inside and out, theres no really good "bolt ons" that will see buncha of power for alittle bucks.

JLT coldair intake is prolly a good one. Plus it gets rid of the ugly ass stocker.

Also, I wouldn't put Dynomax on it either. Ones I've heard with em, didn't sound pretty.

IMO, get the Aluminized Bassani, they cost a little more than the Flowmaster Cat-back but make more HP and sound better to boot.

The 5.0 gives you quite a few options. I would port and polish heads, intake, headers, exhaust (i like borla mufflers better than flowmaster btw)

cam, gear set, possibly even swap heads to a performance head, eventually supercharge it

possibly bore out the motor some to gain some displacement

there are a ton of parts for 5.0s and many ways to make power. even seen a few with carburetors instead of fuel injection, so your options are endless

That was my old mustang a 1993 w/ a 414 and a t-56 6spd...

short tube headers

H or X pipe w/ or w/o cats

flowmaster mufflers

CHP spyder intake

accufab TB 75mm

lightning MAF 90mm

anderson power pipe

AFR 185 smog legal heads

crane cam

30lb fuel injectors

MSD distributor

msd 6al

msd cap

msd coil

taylor 409 wires

3:73 or 4:10 gears

UPR or maximum suspension depending on if you want to carve corners or straight line...

Then take your ride to a dyno shop and have them tune it and burn a custom chip for you, the generic chips are a waste of time and money...

with that combo you are looking at 320-330rwhp and around 330-350lbs tq...

And if you plan on adding nitrous to your car, you will have to get a nitrous grind cam...

95 is the last year for the 5.0. I would forget the MSD ignition kit..on a bone stock to mildly modded engine its totally a waste of money. The Stock ignition is totally fine. The chip...ehh money would be betetr spent else where like on the gear swap. 3.73's and 4.10's would be fine but get a shift kist to help the trans stay cool. After that i would find a set of Gt40 aluminum heads used..look around on Corral.net or stangnet.com they are out there. Get a set of 1.7 ratio roller rockers,70mm throttle body and a good quality cai...like a JLT.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.