New system wired in

Participant count
  • Participant list
Just finished up tweaking my set up. Very basic tweaking by the way. My vehicle is a 2009 tahoe ls. Yanked my alpine spr60c and replaced them with Dynaudio system 242 comps. Took out jl xd1100.5 and replaced with Arc audio xdi1100.5. Used 1inch plastic cutting board and made 2 inch brackets on both sides. Cut out the stock grills and added a angled spacer which extends about .5 inches from the outer door panel. Didnt like the way they sounded behind the stock grill and wanted to angle them slightly. Took the tweeters out of the pillar and installed 8inches above the mid. Amp is bridged. On paper 300 watts but amp is turned down little more than a quater turn. Right now still running a jl10w3v3 in a sealed box about .68cf. Turned off the rear fill. Didnt want to dilute the Dyns in the front. Only XO I'm using on the Dyns is the Dyn passive. Sub is crossed at 50. I know that sounds low but I'm so impressed with the Dyn mid. Was told by some peeps the Dyn mid would be lacking midbass but it is anything but that. They sound great with only the passive XO.

I started down the rabbit hole with a goal that wasn't reached initially but might be reaching that point. The only thing I might add in the future will be a ported box of some kind which I'm getting help with from guys on this forum. I'm am back into the car audio world after a 20 year layoff and wish I had the funds to start sooner. I know the set up might not be ideal to some people here but I find my self just sitting in the driveway listening to all my music so must have done some things right.

Thanks to the the members on this forum for helping and answering my dumb**** questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Made some pods but were little bulky and didn't blend. The spacers brought good sound into the cab.
5f918c88b603a2a44179238ed05d26aa.jpg

It's hard to see the angled brackets with a curved panel. Tweeter is perfect.
bbb241a040c19520bd5505b82f312a57.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.